Announcements: Week of October 8th
Women’s Retreat 2023 – WEEKEND WITH THE QUEENS. Final payment for the Women’s Retreat 2023 – WEEKEND WITH THE QUEENS is due Sunday, October 15th. Ladies, if you have not picked up your book, Arise! Esther, please do so today. Committee members will be in Classroom 1 to receive payments and distribute books.
New Generation will only have rehearsal on Saturday, October 28th, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm.
Are you between the ages of 19-29 and finding the world of adulting is harder than you thought? As you’re trying to navigate life on your own, have you found yourself more aware than ever that Jesus’ warnings about the devil coming to steal, kill, and destroy are true but you’re not sure what to do? Well, you’re not alone. Many Christians live in denial, letting the enemy steal their joy and blessings, destroy their relationship with Jesus, and kill their purpose and identity. But no more! For a limited time, we’re offering a resource that will help you stay armed and ready to live in daily victory! Please contact the church administrative office for more information!
We are in the season of revival. Rev. Brooks will be the revival speaker at Macedonia New Life Church on Tuesday, October 17th; the Male Chorus will accompany him. On Friday, October 20th, Rev. Reginald Boney and the United Voices will be in revival with Victory at Calvary Covenant Ministries, Durham, NC. All are welcome and encouraged to attend!
If anyone would like to volunteer to assist with the Hallelujah festival, please see Erica Sconiers.
Online Member Portal – As a reminder to existing disciples and note to new disciples, our online Member Portal is now live. You can login to update your contact information, upload family/individual pictures for the online directory and access your financial contributions throughout the year. If you have an email address on file, you can set up your profile to the Member Portal using this link: https://servantkeeper.com/member-portal/PSCC. You can also reset your password if you have forgotten it. If you have any questions, send a request to email@example.com.
PRESCHOOL IS COMING BACK!!! We are in need of teachers and helpers. Please contact Joyce Harris at 919-841-6024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Transportation Ministry is in need of new members. If you are looking for a place to serve and want to be a part of this ministry, please see any member of the Trustee Ministry or call the church.
The Men’s ministry meets weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00pm, at the Poplar House. Call Nathaniel Washington (703-789-1109) for more information.
Do you enjoy serving others? We have a place for you on the First Aid and Health Ministry. If interested, contact Vanessa Snellings at 919-272-8654 or email@example.com. We can use you.
The Media/Sound Ministry is in need of dedicated and passionate new members. If you feel compassion to be part of this ministry, please reach out to 919-961-7614 or call the church office 919-772-5151.
Please notify the church office if you have any changes/updates to your contact information. Thank you!
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
Please refer to the church calendar at www.poplar-springs.org for the week’s activities.
View Sick & Prayer List
- Rose Baker
- Larcina Blackmon
- Gwendolyn Booker
- Bobby Bost
- Katherine Branch
- Phyllis Burrell
- Betty Burt
- Debra Chavis
- Michelle Collins
- Irene Cooper
- Tonie Gordon
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Troy Hamlin
- Myrtle Holloway, WakeMed
- Geraldine Horton, Raleigh Rehab
- Ronald Jenkins
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Vernita Partin Melvin
- Maggie Owens, Smithfield Manor
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Pamela Peace
- Joann Pettiford, Pettigrew Rehab
- Ella Smith, Sunnybrook Rehab
- Shirley Smith
- Tony Snellings
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Theresa Watson
- Graham Watt
- Rachel Wiggins
- Frankie Williams
- Howard Beale (Emilie Holloway’s brother)
- Charles Bell (Katherine Branch’s brother)
- Bernis Booker (Retta Spencer’s brother-in-law)
- Sandra Brooks (Claudine Moseley’s cousin)
- Bertha Brunson (Retta Spencer’s mother)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Mary Lou Burrell (Thelia Burrell’s mother-in-law)
- Charmayne Butler (Florence Evans’ friend)
- Edward Byrd (Naikia Atkinson’s father)
- Fred Chavis (Anthony Chavis’s father)
- Freddie Chavis (Anthony Chavis’s brother)
- Tim Coit (Lisa Bryant’s brother)
- John Combo (Alvin Sapp’s friend)
- Samuel Cook (Howard Cook’s nephew)
- Kevin Coppage (Anthony Chavis’ friend)
- Alicia Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s sister)
- McKinley Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s brother)
- Romanel Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s brother)
- Antoinette Avery Ellerbe (Mary Morgan’s sister)
- Sonny Feely (Don Feely’s brother)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- Ahmand Fowler (Pearline Fowler’s grandson)
- Chris Gallo (Lisa Davis’s friend)
- Ruth Jackson (Veronica Wall’s grandmother)
- Larry Jones (Doza Primus’s nephew)
- Vicky Jones (Doza Primus’s sister)
- Dario Lassiter (Ella Mebane’s nephew)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Albert Logan, Jr. (Latrenda Thomas’s brother)
- Albert Logan, III (Latrenda Thomas’s father)
- Andradese Hill Mack (Patrice Rogers’ friend)
- Barbara Morgan (Patsy Morgan’s mother-in-law)
- Neisha Newlin (Florence Evans’ friend)
- Barbara Pettiford (Rev. Pettiford’s mother)
- Karen Reed (Jill Cook’s sister)
- Rhonda Reives (Pat McCutcheon’s friend)
- Raymond Reynolds (Minister Deloris Anderson’s son)
- Doris Rogers (Patrice Bakers’ aunt)
- Calvin Rowley (Sherry Smith’s cousin)
- Linda Smith (Chris Smith’s wife)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Joseph Thomas(Sandra White’s brother-in-law)
- Linda Thomas (Sandra White’s sister)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Earl VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Darrell Vaughan (Ella Mebane’s nephew)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Larry Wilson (Anthony Chavis’s friend)
- Lillie Wilson (Charlene Thames’s mother)
- Timothy Wilson (Charlene Thames’ father)
- Raphael Wortham (Claudine Mosely’s nephew)
- Ramona Wright (Marie Taylor’s niece)