Announcements: Week of October 1st
Women’s Retreat 2023 – WEEKEND WITH THE QUEENS: Today is the last day to register for the Women’s Retreat 2023 – WEEKEND WITH THE QUEENS. Please submit your registration form and payment today in Classroom 1.
Tea Time is today at 5:00 p.m. The Zoom information is located on the Church’s calendar. See you soon ladies!
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. PSCC will show strength on-site and at home in recognition of this health initiative on October 8th, bringing awareness to breast cancer and offering research and resources. Please wear pink.
Women’s Retreat 2023 – Weekend with the Queens: Registration for Women’s Retreat 2023 – Weekend with the Queens will close on Sunday, October 1, 2023. All payments are due on Sunday, October 15th. Be sure to pick up your book! REGISTER TODAY!
If anyone would like to volunteer to assist with the Hallelujah festival, please see Erica Sconiers.
The American Heart Association will host its annual heart walk on October 8 at the PNC this year. Check-in is at 11:00 a.m., and the walk starts at noon. Vanessa Snellings is a Team Captain again this year and is soliciting any donations toward reaching her goal. If you know someone who has been affected by heart disease or stroke, now you can show support by donating. Any amount is welcomed. See Vanessa Snellings, 919-272-8654, firstname.lastname@example.org. Team name: Vanessa’s Go-getters at http://www.2.heart.org/site/TR/HeartWalk/GSA-GreaterSoutheastAffliate?px=10299178&pg=personal&fr_id_=9027
Tea Time is Sunday, October 1st, at 5:00 pm via Zoom. Please check the Church’s calendar for the Zoom information. See you soon, ladies.
Online Member Portal – As a reminder to existing disciples and a note to new disciples, our online Member Portal is now live. You can log in to update your contact information, upload family/individual pictures for the online directory, and access your financial contributions throughout the year. If you have an email address on file, you can set up your profile to the Member Portal using this link: https://servantkeeper.com/member-portal/PSCC. You can also reset your password if you have forgotten it. If you have any questions, send a request to email@example.com.
Women’s Retreat – Weekend with the Queens – Ladies, the number of reserved rooms for the Women’s Retreat – Weekend with the Queens is filling fast. We will need to close registration as soon as all rooms are full. Register today using the Women’s Retreat envelopes outside the Trustee Office. Complete your registration form, deposit it, and give it to the Finance Secretary.
PRESCHOOL IS COMING BACK!!! We are in need of teachers and helpers. Please contact Joyce Harris at 919-841-6024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Transportation Ministry is in need of new members. If you are looking for a place to serve and want to be a part of this ministry, please see any member of the Trustee Ministry or call the church.
The Men’s ministry meets weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 pm, at the Poplar House. Call Nathaniel Washington (703-789-1109) for more information.
Do you enjoy serving others? We have a place for you in the First Aid and Health Ministry. If interested, contact Vanessa Snellings at 919-272-8654 or email@example.com. We can use you.
The Media/Sound Ministry is in need of dedicated and passionate new members. If you feel compassion to be part of this ministry, please reach out to 919-961-7614 or call the church office at 919-772-5151.
Please notify the church office if you have any changes/updates to your contact information. Thank you!
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
Please refer to the church calendar at www.poplar-springs.org for the week’s activities.
View Sick & Prayer List
- Rose Baker
- Larcina Blackmon
- Gwendolyn Booker
- Bobby Bost
- Katherine Branch
- Phyllis Burrell
- Betty Burt
- Debra Chavis
- Michelle Collins
- Irene Cooper
- Tonie Gordon
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Troy Hamlin
- Geraldine Horton, Raleigh Rehab
- Ronald Jenkins
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Vernita Partin Melvin
- Maggie Owens, Smithfield Manor
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Pamela Peace
- Joann Pettiford, Duke Hospital
- Ella Smith, Sunnybrook Rehab
- Shirley Smith
- Tony Snellings
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Theresa Watson
- Graham Watt
- Rachel Wiggins
- Frankie Williams
- Howard Beale (Emilie Holloway’s brother)
- Charles Bell (Katherine Branch’s brother)
- Bernis Booker (Retta Spencer’s brother-in-law)
- Sandra Brooks (Claudine Moseley’s cousin)
- Bertha Brunson (Retta Spencer’s mother)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Mary Lou Burrell (Thelia Burrell’s mother-in-law)
- Charmayne Butler (Florence Evans’ friend)
- Edward Byrd (Naikia Atkinson’s father)
- Fred Chavis (Anthony Chavis’s father)
- Freddie Chavis (Anthony Chavis’s brother)
- Tim Coit (Lisa Bryant’s brother)
- John Combo (Alvin Sapp’s friend)
- Samuel Cook (Howard Cook’s nephew)
- Kevin Coppage (Anthony Chavis’ friend)
- Alicia Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s sister)
- McKinley Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s brother)
- Romanel Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s brother)
- Antoinette Avery Ellerbe (Mary Morgan’s sister)
- Sonny Feely (Don Feely’s brother)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- Ahmand Fowler (Pearline Fowler’s grandson)
- Chris Gallo (Lisa Davis’s friend)
- Larry Jones (Doza Primus’s nephew)
- Vicky Jones (Doza Primus’s sister)
- Dario Lassiter (Ella Mebane’s nephew)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Albert Logan, Jr. (Latrenda Thomas’s brother)
- Albert Logan, III (Latrenda Thomas’s father)
- Andradese Hill Mack (Patrice Rogers’ friend)
- Barbara Morgan (Patsy Morgan’s mother-in-law)
- Neisha Newlin (Florence Evans’ friend)
- Barbara Pettiford (Rev. Pettiford’s mother)
- Karen Reed (Jill Cook’s sister)
- Rhonda Reives (Pat McCutcheon’s friend)
- Raymond Reynolds (Minister Deloris Anderson’s son)
- Doris Rogers (Patrice Bakers’ aunt)
- Calvin Rowley (Sherry Smith’s cousin)
- Linda Smith (Chris Smith’s wife)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Joseph Thomas(Sandra White’s brother-in-law)
- Linda Thomas (Sandra White’s sister)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Earl VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Darrell Vaughan (Ella Mebane’s nephew)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Larry Wilson (Anthony Chavis’s friend)
- Lillie Wilson (Charlene Thames’s mother)
- Timothy Wilson (Charlene Thames’ father)
- Raphael Wortham (Claudine Mosely’s nephew)
- Ramona Wright (Marie Taylor’s niece)