Announcements: Week of November 24
TEA TIME – DID YOU KNOW TEA TIME IS FOR WOMEN ONLY? SORRY GUYS.
The Sunday School teachers will meet after service today in the front middle pews.
We need your help with decorating the church for the holidays; we will decorate Saturday, November 30. Please sign up in the copier room if you would like to assist with decorating.
New Generation Choir will rehearse Saturday, December 7th and December 28th, 2:00 – 3:30 pm.
Poplar Springs Disciples, do you know who your assigned deacon is? If you do not and want to know, please contact the church office.
The Scholarship Ministry needs your HELP!!! In preparation for College Day, the ministry is asking that you submit any college related photo(s) to Ashley McClain (email@example.com) or Candace Bridgers (firstname.lastname@example.org). Some examples of college related photos are: Homecoming, Graduation, Step Shows, Sorority/Fraternity pictures and other fun occasions. Pictures can also be placed in the Scholarship Ministry’s mailbox (with your name and phone number on the back). All pictures must be submitted by Sunday, December 1, 2019.
We are in dire need of adult members to join the Pre-School Ministry. We need volunteers who are passionate about providing dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to our potty-trained to 4-year-old youth during Sunday Service. Please sign up in the Copier Room or contact Pam Jackson at 919-815-4729 or email@example.com.
Youth Usher Ministry – The purpose of the Youth Usher Ministry is to promote young people interested in working in the church, and to train and prepare them for ushering as an adult. This ministry is open to both males and females ages 10 – 18 years of age. If you are interested in being a part of this GREAT ministry, please contact Patrice R. Baker at 919-815-9266 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
As a courtesy to our neighbors on Poplar Springs Church Street and as a safety precaution, please do not double park on Poplar Springs Church Street. We are happy to accommodate you with parking on the hill and our shuttle drivers are happy to assist you with getting to and from the church before and after service. Thank you for your understanding.
Anyone interested in joining the First Aide Ministry should contact the Chairperson, Vanessa Snellings, at 919-272-8654 or email@example.com. To participate you should have a serving spirit and be willing to obtain a First Aid CPR certification. Meetings are the 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:00pm.
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
The Usher Ministry is looking for smiling faces and helpful hands to join them. Please see Marie Taylor or Brenda Alston if you would like to be a part of this ministry.
Please refer to the church calendar at www.poplar-springs.org for the week’s activities.
The Security Ministry is looking for new members. Please see Ruby Hodge for information.
As a reminder – no eating or drinking is allowed in the sanctuary; if you need to feed your child, we ask that you step out to the Cry Room until food has been consumed. Thank you for our cooperation.
Sick & Prayer List
- Phyllis Burrell
- Betty Burt
- Mary Green
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Marie Lowe
- Terry McCullers, The Laurels of Glenn, Garner
- Fleeter Merritt
- Dennis Moore
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Erma Phillips
- Willie Ruffin
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Graham Watt
- Delois Whitaker
- Lane Whitaker
- Rev. Frank Williams
- Mary Elizabeth Williams, PruittHealth
- Deloris Arseneaux (Ruby Hodge’s friend)
- James Baldwin (Donzella Winston’s friend)
- Clorana Bass (Doza Primus’ mother)
- Roxie Blackmon (Larcina Blackmon’s daughter/ Thelia Burrell’s sister)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Ivan Clemonts (Alecia Anderton’s uncle)
- Angela Cloud (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Eric Davis (Melvin Mitchell’s nephew)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- James Grays (Dorothy Grays’ husband)
- Lossie Hackett (Ozzie Hackett’s wife)
- Lorene Jones (Pamela C. Williams’ aunt)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Melva Moore (Mildred Keith’s niece)
- Loretha Peacock (Joyce Horton’s friend)
- Amos Saddler, Jr. (Angela Saddler’s father)
- Kim Saunders (Della Watson’s cousin)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Ivey Taylor (Sam Taylor’s sister)
- Daisy Thorne (Jill Cook’s mother)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Alice B. Watson (Bobby Bost’s mother)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Earl Williams (Alyce Williams’ husband)
- Joyce Williams (Pamela C. Williams’ mother-in-law)
- Ramona Wright, PruittHealth (Marie Taylor’s niece)