Announcements: Week of May 31
Family Caregiver – During these recent weeks, we recognize that the care needed for your loved one may have increased. The AARP-CC2C team is here to support you. If they can assist you, please send an email to CC2CAARP@gmail.com or call the church secretary. We will be in touch as quickly as possible. Stay encouraged – you are not alone.
ATTENTION GRADUATES: As we have in the past, we want to recognize our graduates for their great accomplishments. We ask that all preschool, high school, and college graduates submit the Graduate recognition form along with a graduate picture by June 15, 2020. The form is on the church website.
The Food Bank Ministry will provide food for 800 families Tuesday, May 26th, at 8:00. All are welcome. Please share this information with your community. You are also welcome to come volunteer!
The NAACP Mother of the Year program has been postponed until further notice.
The Poplar Springs Summer Camp has been cancelled for this year.
The A.B. Davis is traveling to Lancaster, PA, October 14 – 16, 2020. Please contact Tina Smith (984-200-8569) or Mildred Keith (919-847-3949) for details.
Please notify the church office if you have had any changes/updates to your contact information. Thank you!
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
Please refer to the church calendar at www.poplar-springs.org for the week’s activities.
View Sick & Prayer List
- Brenda Alston
- Florence Barrow
- Pastor Charles W. Brooks
- Phyllis Burrell
- Betty Burt
- Margaret Carter
- Irene Cooper
- Tonie Gordon
- Mary Green
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Ronald Jenkins
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Terry McCullers, The Laurels of Glenn, Garner
- Fleeter Merritt
- Dennis Moore
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Frank Pettiford
- Ella Smith
- Erma Phillips
- James Watkins
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Theresa Watson
- Graham Watt
- Lane Whitaker
- Rachel Wiggins
- Rev. Frank Williams
- Mary Elizabeth Williams, PruittHealth
- Donzella Winston
- Karen Alston (Lasharronda Harris’ friend)
- Deloris Arseneaux (Ruby Hodge’s friend)
- James Baldwin (Donzella Winston’s friend)
- Clorana Bass (Doza Primus’ mother)
- Roxie Blackmon (Larcina Blackmon’s daughter/Thelia Burrell’s sister)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Edward Byrd (Naikia Atkinson’s father)
- Fred Chavis, Jr. (Anthony Chavis’ father)
- Eric Davis (Melvin Mitchell’s nephew)
- Antoinette Avery Ellerbe (Mary Morgan’s sister)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- Elsie Foy (Nena Chavis’ mother)
- James Grays (Dorothy Grays’ husband)
- Lossie Hackett (Ozzie Hackett’s wife)
- Lorene Jones (Pamela C. Williams’ aunt)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Reginald McCall (Cleopatra Lacewell’s brother)
- Melva Moore (Mildred Keith’s niece)
- Curtis Orr (Karen Pruitt’s nephew)
- Lawrence Partin (Andrew Partin’s brother)
- Loretha Peacock (Joyce Horton’s friend)
- Kim Saunders (Della Watson’s cousin)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Daisy Thorne (Jill Cook’s mother)
- Rev. Clarence Thornton (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Earl VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Earl Williams (Alyce Williams’ husband)