Announcements: Week of May 21st
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) affects over 1 in 7 U.S. adults. For Americans with diabetes or high blood pressure—the two most common causes of kidney disease—the risk for CKD is even greater. Please stop at a table in the front or back of the church to check your blood pressure and pick up information on kidney disease. For more information, contact Vanessa Snellings representing the First Aid and Health Ministry and Chi Eta Phi Nursing Sorority, Inc., at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-272-8654.
Honoring Cancer Survivors – Cancer Survivors and caregivers are invited to attend a Cancer Survivor’s luncheon on June 24, 2023, 1:00—3:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall. The Cancer Support Ministry sponsors the Cancer Survivor’s luncheon. Please sign up in the copier room no later than June 14, 2023. If you have any questions or concerns, contact the Cancer Support Ministry.
Save the date: Vacation Bible School June 12—June 16. Theme: 20/20 VISION: Seeing Clearly through CHRIST!! More info is forthcoming. Classes for everyone.
The Father’s Day event planning committee will meet tomorrow evening, 6:30 pm, in the fellowship hall.
Tea Time is Sunday, June 4th, at 5:00 pm. The Zoom meeting link information is on the Church’s calendar. See you there, ladies.
PRESCHOOL IS COMING BACK!!! We are in need of teachers and helpers. Please contact Joyce Harris at 919-841-6024 or email@example.com
SAVE the date – USHER Training – Saturday, June 3, 2023, from 10 – 12 pm. ALL ushers are asked to attend. Lunch will be provided. Thanks in advance from the PSCC Usher Ministry!
Motion is Your Lotion – Want to get moving with a fun and engaging exercise? Come join us each first and third Monday, 7:00 pm – 7:45 pm, in the Church’s Fellowship Hall for line dance exercise led by Telisha Mann. Telisha is excited to share her love and passion for encouraging all to move by line dancing. This is FREE and open to everyone! Bring your water bottle and moving feet and get ready to join this fun exercise.
The Scholarship Ministry would like to recognize all elementary, middle school, high school, and college students for their school year achievement, recognitions for church ministries, community service, clubs, and public service activities. You will receive recognition by completing the form that is located on the church website. A copy/record of all achievements/recognitions is not required.
We also want to recognize our graduates for their great accomplishments. We ask that all preschool, high school, and college graduates submit the Graduate Recognition form along with a graduate picture no later than May 31st. The form is on the church website.
The Men’s ministry meets weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 pm, at the Poplar House. Call Nathaniel Washington (703-789-1109) for more information.
Do you enjoy serving others? We have a place for you in the First Aid and Health Ministry. If interested, contact Vanessa Snellings at 919-272-8654 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can use you.
Please donate portable heaters for families in need. The Abraham Sunday School class needs your help with donations of portable heaters to help families in need for the upcoming winter months. Distribution will be first to those in our church family, then to those in the community. Contact Trustee Kevin Ragland at (919) 449-6444 or Deacon Al McCutcheon at 919-723-1233 if you have questions or need a heater.
We have a supply of home COVID tests available if you would like to have some.
The Media/Sound Ministry is in need of dedicated and passionate new members. If you feel compassion to be part of this ministry, please reach out to 919-961-7614 or call the church office at 919-772-5151.
Please notify the church office if you have any changes/updates to your contact information. Thank you!
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
Please refer to the church calendar at www.poplar-springs.org for the week’s activities.
View Sick & Prayer List
- Rose Baker
- Rose Baker
- Larcina Blackmon
- Phyllis Burrell
- Betty Burt
- Debra Chavis
- Michelle Collins
- Irene Cooper
- Tonie Gordon
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Troy Hamlin
- Geraldine Horton, Raleigh Rehab
- Ronald Jenkins
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Vernita Partin Melvin
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Ella Smith
- Shirley Smith
- Tony Snellings
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Theresa Watson
- Graham Watt
- Rachel Wiggins
- Frankie Williams
- Howard Beale (Emilie Holloway’s brother)
- Charles Bell (Katherine Branch’s brother)
- Bernis Booker (Retta Spencer’s brother-in-law)
- Sandra Brooks (Claudine Moseley’s cousin)
- Bertha Brunson (Retta Spencer’s mother)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Mary Lou Burrell (Thelia Burrell’s mother-in-law)
- Charmayne Butler (Florence Evans’ friend)
- Edward Byrd (Naikia Atkinson’s father)
- Fred Chavis (Anthony Chavis’s father)
- Freddie Chavis (Anthony Chavis’s brother)
- Tim Coit (Lisa Bryant’s brother)
- John Combo (Alvin Sapp’s friend)
- Samuel Cook (Howard Cook’s nephew)
- Alicia Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s sister)
- McKinley Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s brother)
- Romanel Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s brother)
- Antoinette Avery Ellerbe (Mary Morgan’s sister)
- Sonny Feely (Don Feely’s brother)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- Ahmand Fowler (Pearline Fowler’s grandson)
- Chris Gallo (Lisa Davis’s friend)
- Sam Jacobs (Anthony Chavis’s co-worker)
- Larry Jones (Doza Primus’s nephew)
- Vicky Jones (Doza Primus’s sister)
- Dario Lassiter (Ella Mebane’s nephew)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Andradese Hill Mack (Patrice Rogers’ friend)
- Barbara Morgan (Patsy Morgan’s mother-in-law)
- Neisha Newlin (Florence Evans’ friend)
- Andre Overby (Marilyn Sanders’ friend)
- Karen Reed (Jill Cook’s sister)
- Rhonda Reives (Pat McCutcheon’s friend)
- Raymond Reynolds (Minister Deloris Anderson’s son)
- Doris Rogers (Patrice Bakers’ aunt)
- Calvin Rowley (Sherry Smith’s cousin)
- Dorothy Smith (Robbie Avery’s friend)
- Jonathan Smith (Robbie Avery’s friend)
- Linda Smith (Chris Smith’s wife)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Joseph Thomas(Sandra White’s brother-in-law)
- Linda Thomas (Sandra White’s sister)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Earl VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Darrell Vaughan (Ella Mebane’s nephew)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Lillie Wilson (Charlene Thames’s mother)
- Timothy Wilson (Charlene Thames’ father)
- Raphael Wortham (Claudine Mosely’s nephew)
- Ramona Wright (Marie Taylor’s niece)