Announcements: Week of January 29
Ladies, Tea Time, is Sunday, February 5th, at 5:00 p.m. We look forward to seeing each of you in the Zoom meeting. The Zoom information is on the Church’s calendar.
We’re Back!!!! FUN … FELLOWSHIP … and of course a bit of FOOD! All Married Couples are invited to join us on Saturday, February 18th, at 4 pm in the Fellowship Hall. We’re planning a competition (nothing physical), with big laughs, a little music, and small bites. Don’t want to “play”? We got you! We need judges. No excuses. Send an email with “We’re in!” to: email@example.com or call the church to add your name to the list. FYI – this is open to members AND non-members of PSCC, so spread the word and bring a friend. Attendance will be limited due to space limitations.
FUN, FUN, FUN!! Please join the PSCC family in some fun on February 12th for Sports Fan Sunday. Any sports team you choose – NFL, NBA, high school, and college teams – all are welcome! Wear your favorite team color: tee shirts, hoodies, jerseys, etc.
Heart disease and stroke are the #1 killers in women. February is the month for “Go Red for Women.” Please join in on February 3rd by wearing red to increase awareness of Women and Heart Disease. Know your numbers.
Do you enjoy serving others? We have a place for you in the First Aid and Health Ministry. We can use you. If interested, contact Vanessa Snellings at 919-272-8654 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Financial Statements – As a reminder, all church disciples with an email address on file have access to your giving statement online at the Member Portal. The Member Portal can be found at https://servantkeeper.com/member-portal/PSCC. If you don’t have access and need your statement emailed or mailed to you, please get in touch with the Church Administrator at email@example.com or call the church office at 919-772-5151 and leave a message for the Administrator.
Please donate portable heaters for families in need. The Abraham Sunday School class needs your help with donations of portable heaters to help families in need for the upcoming winter months. Distribution will be first to those in our church family, then to those in the community. Contact Trustee Kevin Ragland at (919) 449-6444 or Deacon Al McCutcheon at 919-723-1233 if you have questions or need a heater.
Habitat for Humanity Fall Build: We are in need of volunteers (ages 16+) to help build homes at Old Poole Place. We would like Poplar Springs to help on March 25th and April 15th with at least ten volunteers. I also challenge Poplar Springs ministries, sororities, fraternities, and other community groups to sign up and volunteer for two additional days! All volunteers must register through your coalition hub link: http://vhub.at/fallapostlesbuild. For more information, contact the Church Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a supply of home COVID tests available if you would like to have some.
The Media/Sound Ministry is in need of dedicated and passionate new members. If you feel compassion to be part of this ministry, please get in touch at 919-961-7614 or call the church office at 919-772-5151.
Please notify the church office if you have any changes/updates to your contact information. Thank you!
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
Please refer to the church calendar at www.poplar-springs.org for the week’s activities.
View Sick & Prayer List
- Rose Baker
- Larcina Blackmon
- Rhonda Boyke
- Phyllis Burrell
- Betty Burt
- Debra Chavis
- Pat Chrisp
- Michelle Collins
- Irene Cooper
- Gail Daughtry
- Tonie Gordon
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Troy Hamlin
- Geraldine Horton, Raleigh Rehab
- Ronald Jenkins
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Vernita Partin Melvin
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Ella Smith
- Shirley Smith
- Tony Snellings
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Theresa Watson
- Graham Watt
- Rachel Wiggins
- Frankie Williams
- Martha Williams
- Lillie Young, Duke Raleigh
- Howard Beale (Emilie Holloway’s brother)
- Charles Bell (Katherine Branch’s brother)
- Eric Berg (Wendy Carrington’s grandson)
- Bernis Booker (Retta Spencer’s brother-in-law)
- Sandra Brooks (Claudine Moseley’s cousin)
- Bertha Brunson (Retta Spencer’s mother)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Mary Lou Burrell (Thelia Burrell’s mother-in-law)
- Charmayne Butler (Florence Evans’ friend)
- Edward Byrd (Naikia Atkinson’s father)
- Fred Chavis (Anthony Chavis’s father)
- Shamar Cherry (Della Watson’s grandson)
- Tim Coit (Lisa Bryant’s brother)
- John Combo (Alvin Sapp’s friend)
- Samuel Cook (Howard Cook’s nephew)
- Alicia Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s sister)
- McKinley Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s brother)
- Romanel Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s brother)
- Antoinette Avery Ellerbe (Mary Morgan’s sister)
- Gladys Feely-Robinson (Don Feely’s cousin)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- Ahmand Fowler (Pearline Fowler’s grandson)
- Chris Gallo (Lisa Davis’s friend)
- Sam Jacobs (Anthony Chavis’s co-worker)
- Priscilla King (Velma King’s mother)
- Dario Lassiter (Ella Mebane’s nephew)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Andradese Hill Mack (Patrice Rogers’ friend)
- Barbara Morgan (Patsy Morgan’s mother-in-law)
- Andre Overby (Marilyn Sanders’ friend)
- Karen Reed (Jill Cook’s sister)
- Rhonda Reives (Pat McCutcheon’s friend)
- Doris Rogers (Patrice Bakers’ aunt)
- Calvin Rowley (Sherry Smith’s cousin)
- Dorothy Smith (Robbie Avery’s friend)
- Jonathan Smith (Robbie Avery’s friend)
- Linda Smith (Chris Smith’s wife)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Linda Thomas (Sandra White’s sister)
- Constance VanDykeJoseph Thomas (Sandra White’s brother-in-law) (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Earl VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Lillie Wilson (Charlene Thames’s mother)
- Timothy Wilson (Charlene Thames’ father)
- Raphael Wortham (Claudine Mosely’s nephew)
- Ramona Wright (Marie Taylor’s niece)