Announcements: Week of February 9
Yearly Giving Statement: As a reminder, all disciples are able to access your yearly giving statement on the Member Portal. If you have not created your profile, you can do so at https://servantkeeper.com/member-portal/PSCC. If you still need a statement printed, please stop by the finance office to sign up. Printed statements will be available by January 26, 2020. For assistance with setting up your access to the Member Portal, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Separation/Divorce Care Ministry: A 13-week program that meets once a week from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Poplar House beginning Tuesday, February 18. This ministry provides a biblical approach in finding help, discovering hope, experiencing healing and restoring individuals who are hurting because of separation and/or divorce. We will also offer Divorce Care for kids ages 8 to 12. Both sessions are offered at the same time. Pamela Williams is the facilitator for the children. Please contact Christine C. Stewart at 919-639-9683, Sonia Kearney at 919-521-1834 or Paul Stewart at 919-902-9333 to register or obtain additional information.
The New Generation Choir will have rehearsal on Saturday, February 29, 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 pm.
The Annual Tea Time Party for women only will be held on Sunday, March 29, 2020, at 3:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. March is National Women’s Month, and we celebrate women with this fun event. This year has “2020” surprises. Hats and gloves are suggested. Signup is in the Copier Room. Deadline to signup is Sunday, March 15.
RACE FOR THE CURE REGISTRATION TIME – SPECIAL PRICE $15!! The Poplar Springs Christian Church Race for the Cure Team is ready for registration. Race Day is Saturday, May 2. The team link is located on the Church’s website. REGISTER TODAY! Training sessions to prepare for Race for Cure will begin in March. Look for the flyer coming in February.
Please notify the church office if you have had any changes/updates to your contact information. Thank you!
Poplar Springs Disciples, do you know who your assigned deacon is? If you do not and want to know, please contact the church office.
We are in dire need of adult members to join the Pre-School Ministry. We need volunteers who are passionate about providing dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to our potty-trained to six-year-old youth during Sunday Service. Please sign up in the Copier Room or contact Pam Jackson at 919-815-4729 or email@example.com.
As a courtesy to our neighbors on Poplar Springs Church Street and as a safety precaution, please do not double park on Poplar Springs Church Street. We are happy to accommodate you with parking on the hill and our shuttle drivers are happy to assist you with getting to and from the church before and after service. Thank you for your understanding.
Please send your announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday at 4:00 p.m.
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
Please refer to the church calendar at www.poplar-springs.org for the week’s activities.
Anyone interested in joining the First Aide Ministry should contact the Chairperson, Vanessa Snellings, at 919-272-8654 or email@example.com. To participate you should have a serving spirit and be willing to obtain a First Aid CPR certification. Meetings are the 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
The Usher Ministry is looking for smiling faces and helpful hands to join them. Please see Deacon Wayne Robbins if you would like to be a part of this ministry.
The Security Ministry is looking for new members. Please see Ruby Hodge for information.
As a reminder – no eating or drinking is allowed in the sanctuary; if you need to feed your child, we ask that you step out to the Cry Room until food has been consumed. Thank you for our cooperation.
Sick & Prayer List
- Brenda Alston
- Phyllis Burrell
- Betty Burt
- Ella Carr
- Margaret Carter
- Eric Cooper
- Gladys Crowder
- Stepheny Dejesus
- Tonie Gordon
- Mary Green
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Reginald Harris
- Lillian Hinton, Duke Raleigh
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Terry McCullers, The Laurels of Glenn, Garner
- Angela McNeill
- Fleeter Merritt
- Dennis Moore
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Erma Phillips
- James Watkins
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Theresa Watson
- Graham Watt
- Lane Whitaker
- Rachel Wiggins
- Rev. Frank Williams
- Mary Elizabeth Williams, PruittHealth
- Lillie Young
- Deloris Arseneaux (Ruby Hodge’s friend)
- James Baldwin (Donzella Winston’s friend)
- Clorana Bass (Doza Primus’ mother)
- Roxie Blackmon (Larcina Blackmon’s daughter/Thelia Burrell’s sister)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Fred Chavis, Jr. (Anthony Chavis’ father)
- Angela Cloud (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Eric Davis (Melvin Mitchell’s nephew)
- Antoinette Avery Ellerbe (Mary Morgan’s sister)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- Elsie Foy (Nena Chavis’ mother)
- James Grays (Dorothy Grays’ husband)
- Lossie Hackett (Ozzie Hackett’s wife)
- Lorene Jones (Pamela C. Williams’ aunt)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Melva Moore (Mildred Keith’s niece)
- Loretha Peacock (Joyce Horton’s friend)
- Kim Saunders (Della Watson’s cousin)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Daisy Thorne (Jill Cook’s mother)
- Rev. Clarence Thornton (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Earl Williams (Alyce Williams’ husband)
- Joyce Williams (Pamela C. Williams’ mother-in-law)
- Ramona Wright, PruittHealth (Marie Taylor’s niece)