Announcements: Week of December 8
WHAT IS THE TEA TIME MISSION? To provide a forum for Christian women to share and support other Christian women in our similar, yet, dynamic journey as disciples, wives, mothers, sisters, and professionals.
Christmas Angel Tree 2019 – Parents of PSCC youth (12 and under) who are in need of assistance for Christmas, please contact the Secretary’s Office by Friday, December 13.
Attention Poplar Springs College/University Undergraduates! The Scholarship Ministry is accepting applications for the Carolyn J. Sapp Professional Award. This award allows us to honor Carolyn’s memory by recognizing an undergraduate student who is preparing to enter the job market and who has demonstrated a true spirit of faith-based professionalism and excellence. To qualify, applicants must be a college junior or senior. Applications can be picked up in the secretary’s office or by sending an email to email@example.com. The deadline for submission is Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
Poplar Springs Disciples, do you know who your assigned deacon is? If you do not and want to know, please contact the church office.
We are in dire need of adult members to join the Pre-School Ministry. We need volunteers who are passionate about providing dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to our potty-trained to 4-year-old youth during Sunday Service. Please sign up in the Copier Room or contact Pam Jackson at 919-815-4729 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a courtesy to our neighbors on Poplar Springs Church Street and as a safety precaution, please do not double park on Poplar Springs Church Street. We are happy to accommodate you with parking on the hill and our shuttle drivers are happy to assist you with getting to and from the church before and after service. Thank you for your understanding.
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
Please refer to the church calendar at www.poplar-springs.org for the week’s activities.
As a reminder – no eating or drinking is allowed in the sanctuary; if you need to feed your child, we ask that you step out to the Cry Room until food has been consumed. Thank you for our cooperation.
Sick & Prayer List
- Phyllis Burrell
- Betty Burt
- Eric Cooper
- Gladys Crowder, Duke Regional Rehab
- Toni Gordon, PruittHealth
- Mary Green
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Lillian Hinton, PruittHealth
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Marie Lowe
- Terry McCullers, The Laurels of Glenn, Garner
- Fleeter Merritt
- Dennis Moore
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Erma Phillips
- Sam Taylor
- James Watkins
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Graham Watt
- Lane Whitaker
- Rachel Wiggins
- Rev. Frank Williams
- Mary Elizabeth Williams, PruittHealth
- Lillie Young, Duke Raleigh
- Deloris Arseneaux (Ruby Hodge’s friend)
- James Baldwin (Donzella Winston’s friend)
- Clorana Bass (Doza Primus’ mother)
- Roxie Blackmon (Larcina Blackmon’s daughter/ Thelia Burrell’s sister)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Fred Chavis Jr. (Anthony Chavis’ father)
- Angela Cloud (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Eric Davis (Melvin Mitchell’s nephew)
- Antoinette Avery Ellerbe (Mary Morgan’s sister)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- Elsie Foy (Nena Chavis’ mother)
- James Grays (Dorothy Grays’ husband)
- Lossie Hackett (Ozzie Hackett’s wife)
- Lorene Jones (Pamela C. Williams’ aunt)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Melva Moore (Mildred Keith’s niece)
- Loretha Peacock (Joyce Horton’s friend)
- Kim Saunders (Della Watson’s cousin)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Daisy Thorne (Jill Cook’s mother)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Alice B. Watson (Bobby Bost’s mother)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Earl Williams (Alyce Williams’ husband)
- Joyce Williams (Pamela C. Williams’ mother-in-law)
- Ramona Wright, PruittHealth (Marie Taylor’s niece)