Announcements: Week of April 5
The Poplar Springs Summer Camp will take place this year from June 17 – August 14. If you know of children between the ages of 5 to 13 and would like to sign up or get more information please contact please contact Cleopatra Lacewell (919-328-9595), Pam Pettiford (919-637-3860) and/or email email@example.com.
The Tea Time Tea Party has been postponed until further notice.
We are looking for some energetic individuals to hire as summer camp counselors. If you are 18 years and older and would like to join an awesome summer camp team, please contact Cleopatra Lacewell or Pam Pettiford to apply.
RACE FOR THE CURE has been rescheduled. The new race date is September 12, 2020. More details to follow.
The Youth Ministry encourages ALL youth to participate. We have Youth Church every second Sunday and on each third Sunday, the Youth Ministry will have a Popcorn Social in the fellowship hall immediately following service to update members on upcoming youth events. Our next Youth Explosion will be from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on April 26. Parents, please encourage youth to attend.
Please notify the church office if you have had any changes/updates to your contact information. Thank you!
Poplar Springs Disciples, do you know who your assigned deacon is? If you do not and want to know, please contact the church office.
We are in dire need of adult members to join the Pre-School Ministry. We need volunteers who are passionate about providing dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to our potty-trained to six-year-old youth during Sunday Service. Please sign up in the Copier Room or contact Pam Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send your announcements to email@example.com by Wednesday at 4:00 p.m.
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
Anyone interested in joining the First Aide Ministry should contact the Chairperson, Vanessa Snellings, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To participate you should have a serving spirit and be willing to obtain a First Aid CPR certification. Meetings are the 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
The Usher Ministry is looking for smiling faces and helpful hands to join them. Please see Deacon Wayne Robbins if you would like to be a part of this ministry.
The Security Ministry is looking for new members. Please see Ruby Hodge for information. The Raleigh-Apex NAACP will be hosting its’ annual Mother of the Year on April 26, 2020 at 4:00 pm. The Theme this year is “Women in Unity with a Hat-ti -tude”. I am proud to say that Deaconess Patricia McCutcheon will be a contestant in this program representing Poplar Springs Christian Church. We are asking for your support to Deaconess McCutcheon with a monetary donation in any amount. Deaconess Patricia will also have tickets available. Thank you in advance for your support. If you have any questions, notify Vanessa Snellings, Assistant secretary of The Raleigh-Apex NAACP at 919-272-8654 or email@example.com.
View Sick & Prayer List
- Brenda Alston
- Florence Barrow
- Pastor Charles W. Brooks
- Phyllis Burrell
- Betty Burt
- Margaret Carter
- Irene Cooper
- Tonie Gordon
- Mary Green
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Ronald Jenkins
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Terry McCullers, The Laurels of Glenn, Garner
- Fleeter Merritt
- Dennis Moore
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Frank Pettiford
- Ella Smith
- Erma Phillips
- James Watkins
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Theresa Watson
- Graham Watt
- Lane Whitaker
- Rachel Wiggins
- Rev. Frank Williams
- Mary Elizabeth Williams, PruittHealth
- Karen Alston (Lasharronda Harris’ friend)
- Deloris Arseneaux (Ruby Hodge’s friend)
- James Baldwin(Donzella Winston’s friend)
- Clorana Bass (Doza Primus’ mother)
- Roxie Blackmon (Larcina Blackmon’s daughter/Thelia Burrell’s sister)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Edward Byrd (Naikia Atkinson’s father)
- Fred Chavis, Jr. (Anthony Chavis’ father)
- Eric Davis (Melvin Mitchell’s nephew)
- Antoinette Avery Ellerbe (Mary Morgan’s sister)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- Elsie Foy (Nena Chavis’ mother)
- James Grays (Dorothy Grays’ husband)
- Lossie Hacket (Ozzie Hacket’s wife)
- Lorene Jones (Pamela C. Williams’ aunt)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Melva Moore (Mildred Keith’s niece)
- Lawrence Partin (Andrew Partin’s brother)
- Loretha Peacock (Joyce Horton’s friend)
- Kim Saunders (Della Watson’s cousin)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Daisy Thorne (Jill Cook’s mother)
- Rev. Clarence Thornton (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Earl VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Earl Williams (Alyce Williams’ husband)
- Joyce Williams
- Pamela C. Williams’ mother-in-law)
- Ramona Wright (Marie Taylor’s niece)