Announcements: Week of April 2nd
The Annie B. Davis Fellowship Ministry is offering a trip to Myrtle Beach, SC, October 18- 21, 2023. Please see Mildred Keith or Tina Smith for details.
SEEKING MARRIED COUPLES to assist in planning the Black Marriage Day recognition on Sunday, April 30th. The group will meet virtually. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church to leave your contact information.
Tea Time Tea Party is today at 3:00 pm for the registered ladies. We look forward to seeing you in your hats and gloves.
Please join the Cancer Support Ministry in support of Relay for Life on April 29th, 1:00 pm—9:00 pm, at Lake Benson Park, Garner. The Cancer Support team will be popping with POPLAR treats: popcorn, homemade desserts, and drinks. All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society.
The Poplar Springs Christian Church Race for the Cure Team is Ready, Set, and Need You to Go. The event will be held on Saturday, May 6th, at The Boxyard in Research Triangle Park. Registration fee is $35—Youth, $45— For adults, and $55—Virtual, and includes a t-shirt. Check the Church’s website for the registration link. DON’T DELAY, REGISTER TODAY! Let’s set a record again this year.
The Men’s ministry meets weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 pm, at the Poplar House. Call Nathaniel Washington (703-789-1109) for more information.
Do you enjoy serving others? We can use you. We have a place for you in the First Aid and Health Ministry. If interested, contact Vanessa Snellings at 919-272-8654 or email@example.com.
2022 Financial Statements – As a reminder, all disciples with an email address on file at the church have access to your giving statement online at the Member Portal. The Member Portal can be found at https://servantkeeper.com/member-portal/PSCC. If you don’t have access and need your statement emailed or mailed to you, please get in touch with the Church Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 919-772-5151 and leave a message for the Administrator.
Please donate portable heaters for families in need. The Abraham Sunday School class needs your help with donations of portable heaters to help families in need for the upcoming winter months. Distribution will be first to those in our church family, then to those in the community. Contact Trustee Kevin Ragland at (919) 449-6444 or Deacon Al McCutcheon at 919-723-1233 if you have questions or need a heater.
Habitat for Humanity Fall Build: We are in need of volunteers (ages 16+) to help build homes at Old Poole Place. I also challenge Poplar Springs ministries, sororities, fraternities, and other community groups to sign up and volunteer for two additional days! We would like Poplar Springs to help on April 15th with at least ten volunteers. All volunteers must register through your coalition hub link: http://vhub.at/
We have a supply of home COVID tests available if you would like to have some.
The Media/Sound Ministry is in need of dedicated and passionate new members. If you feel compassion to be part of this ministry, please contact 919-961-7614 or call the church office at 919-772-5151.
Please notify the church office if you have any changes/updates to your contact information. Thank you!
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
Please refer to the church calendar at www.poplar-springs.org for the week’s activities.
View Sick & Prayer List
- Rose Baker
- Rose Baker
- Larcina Blackmon
- Phyllis Burrell
- Betty Burt
- Debra Chavis
- Michelle Collins
- Irene Cooper
- Tonie Gordon
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Troy Hamlin
- Kaye Hinton
- Geraldine Horton, Raleigh Rehab
- Ronald Jenkins
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Vernita Partin Melvin
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Ella Smith
- Shirley Smith
- Tony Snellings
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Theresa Watson
- Graham Watt
- Rachel Wiggins
- Frankie Williams
- Howard Beale (Emilie Holloway’s brother)
- Charles Bell (Katherine Branch’s brother)
- Eric Berg (Wendy Carrington’s grandson)
- Bernis Booker (Retta Spencer’s brother-in-law)
- Sandra Brooks (Claudine Moseley’s cousin)
- Bertha Brunson (Retta Spencer’s mother)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Mary Lou Burrell (Thelia Burrell’s mother-in-law)
- Charmayne Butler (Florence Evans’ friend)
- Edward Byrd (Naikia Atkinson’s father)
- Fred Chavis (Anthony Chavis’s father)
- Freddie Chavis (Anthony Chavis’s brother)
- Tim Coit (Lisa Bryant’s brother)
- John Combo (Alvin Sapp’s friend)
- Ashley Conyers (Rev. Young’s daughter)
- Juliana Conyers (Rev. Young’s granddaughter)
- Samuel Cook (Howard Cook’s nephew)
- Alicia Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s sister)
- McKinley Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s brother)
- Romanel Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s brother)
- Antoinette Avery Ellerbe (Mary Morgan’s sister)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- Ahmand Fowler (Pearline Fowler’s grandson)
- Chris Gallo (Lisa Davis’s friend)
- Sam Jacobs (Anthony Chavis’s co-worker)
- Larry Jones (Doza Primus’s nephew)
- Vicky Jones (Doza Primus’s sister)
- Dario Lassiter (Ella Mebane’s nephew)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Andradese Hill Mack (Patrice Rogers’ friend)
- Barbara Morgan (Patsy Morgan’s mother-in-law)
- Neisha Newlin (Florence Evans’ friend)
- Andre Overby (Marilyn Sanders’ friend)
- Karen Reed (Jill Cook’s sister)
- Rhonda Reives (Pat McCutcheon’s friend)
- Raymond Reynolds (Minister Deloris Anderson’s son)
- Doris Rogers (Patrice Bakers’ aunt)
- Calvin Rowley (Sherry Smith’s cousin)
- Dorothy Smith (Robbie Avery’s friend)
- Jonathan Smith (Robbie Avery’s friend)
- Linda Smith (Chris Smith’s wife)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Joseph Thomas(Sandra White’s brother-in-law)
- Linda Thomas (Sandra White’s sister)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Earl VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Darrell Vaughan (Ella Mebane’s nephew)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Lillie Wilson (Charlene Thames’s mother)
- Timothy Wilson (Charlene Thames’ father)
- Raphael Wortham (Claudine Mosely’s nephew)
- Ramona Wright (Marie Taylor’s niece)