Announcements: Week of April 12
The Poplar Springs Summer Camp will take place this year from June 17th – August 14th. If you know of children between the ages of 5 to 13 and would like to sign up or get more information please contact please contact Cleopatra Lacewell (919-328-9595), Pam Pettiford (919-637-3860) and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for some energetic individuals to hire as summer camp counselors. If you are 18 years and older and would like to join an awesome summer camp team, please contact Cleopatra Lacewell or Pam Pettiford to apply.
The A.B. Davis is traveling to Lancaster, PA, October 14 – 16, 2020. Please contact Tina Smith (984-200-8569) or Mildred Keith (919-847-3949) for details.
RACE FOR THE CURE has been rescheduled. The new race date is September 12, 2020. More details to follow.
Please notify the church office if you have had any changes/updates to your contact information. Thank you!
Poplar Springs Disciples, do you know who your assigned deacon is? If you do not and want to know, please contact the church office.
We are in dire need of adult members to join the Pre-School Ministry. We need volunteers who are passionate about providing dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to our potty-trained to six-year-old youth during Sunday Service. Please sign up in the Copier Room or contact Pam Jackson at 919-815-4729 or email@example.com.
Please send your announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday at 4:00 pm.
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
Please refer to the church calendar at www.poplar-springs.org for the week’s activities.
Anyone interested in joining the First Aide Ministry should contact the Chairperson, Vanessa Snellings, at 919-272-8654 or email@example.com. To participate you should have a serving spirit and be willing to obtain a First Aid CPR certification. Meetings are the 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:00pm.
The Usher Ministry is looking for smiling faces and helpful hands to join them. Please see Deacon Wayne Robbins if you would like to be a part of this ministry.
The Security Ministry is looking for new members. Please see Ruby Hodge for information.
View Sick & Prayer List
- Brenda Alston
- Florence Barrow
- Pastor Charles W. Brooks
- Phyllis Burrell
- Betty Burt
- Margaret Carter
- Irene Cooper
- Tonie Gordon
- Mary Green
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Ronald Jenkins
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Terry McCullers, The Laurels of Glenn, Garner
- Fleeter Merritt
- Dennis Moore
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Frank Pettiford
- Ella Smith
- Erma Phillips
- James Watkins
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Theresa Watson
- Graham Watt
- Lane Whitaker
- Rachel Wiggins
- Rev. Frank Williams
- Mary Elizabeth Williams, PruittHealth
- Karen Alston (Lasharronda Harris’ friend)
- Deloris Arseneaux (Ruby Hodge’s friend)
- James Baldwin(Donzella Winston’s friend)
- Clorana Bass (Doza Primus’ mother)
- Roxie Blackmon (Larcina Blackmon’s daughter/Thelia Burrell’s sister)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Edward Byrd (Naikia Atkinson’s father)
- Fred Chavis, Jr. (Anthony Chavis’ father)
- Eric Davis (Melvin Mitchell’s nephew)
- Antoinette Avery Ellerbe (Mary Morgan’s sister)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- Elsie Foy (Nena Chavis’ mother)
- James Grays (Dorothy Grays’ husband)
- Lossie Hacket (Ozzie Hacket’s wife)
- Lorene Jones (Pamela C. Williams’ aunt)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Melva Moore (Mildred Keith’s niece)
- Lawrence Partin (Andrew Partin’s brother)
- Loretha Peacock (Joyce Horton’s friend)
- Kim Saunders (Della Watson’s cousin)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Daisy Thorne (Jill Cook’s mother)
- Rev. Clarence Thornton (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Earl VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Earl Williams (Alyce Williams’ husband)
- Joyce Williams
- Pamela C. Williams’ mother-in-law)
- Ramona Wright (Marie Taylor’s niece)