Announcements June 2019
Give the gift of life and you will receive a gift and donate to a nonprofit organization. The Blood Connection will host a blood drive, Saturday, June 22, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., at Brooks Avenue Church of Christ, 700 Brooks Ave, 27607. Each donor will receive a $10 Walmart gift card, and a $10 donation will go to the Raleigh/Wake Council of the Blind. Contact Lawrence Carter 919-649-5915 or Eric Dixon 984-269-2298. Here is the link that will take you directly to the signup page: Raleigh/Wake Council of the Blind Blood Drive
Family Day in the Park will be June 30! Please bring your 10 x 10 tents, lawn chairs, and food baskets to share and fellowship with other church disciples right after service; the church will provide games and music.
The Cancer Support Ministry will host their annual cancer support banquet on Saturday, June 29, at 4:00 p.m., in the PSCC Fellowship Hall. Please sign up in copier room by June 16. You do not have to be a cancer survivor to attend. Please contact Ella Mebane, Edna Goodson, or any member of the cancer support ministry with your questions and/or concerns. Thanks for your support. Member Portal Online! As announced in the last church conference, our online Member Portal is now live. You can login to update your contact information, upload family/individual pictures for the online directory and access your financial contributions throughout the year (including 2018). For those who have an email address on file, you will get an email this week asking you to set up your profile from Member Portal. If you don’t get an email invite and want to add your email, you can send a request to email@example.com to have your email added.
ATTENTION MARRIED COUPLES! – Connecting Couples Upcoming Events
- Sunday, June 30 at 9:00 a.m. – join us for “Coffee Conversations” a unique Sunday School class for married couples where you chat-n-chew about the lesson and how we can use it to enrich our marriages. Enjoy a beverage and light eats while we connect the lesson to our lives. Real talk, no pressure. Please sign-up in the copier room so we can make adequate provisions available.
- Sunday, July 21 plan to meet us after church to hear about the New and Improved “10 Great Dates” series. We will share information on this fantastic series that will enrich your marriage while you enjoy dates with your spouse.
- We are looking for couples who are interested in being a part of the Connecting Couples Marriage Ministry Advisory Team. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or see Ken or Vernita Griffith for more information.
- Prepare your hearts, minds, and your budgets for the first Connecting Couples Marriage Ministry Cruise in August 2020! More details to come.
Graduation 2019 – Each year the Scholarship Ministry recognizes all students of Poplar Springs for their accomplishments made during the year; accomplishments can be church, school, athletic, or community-related. The Scholarship Ministry is asking all graduates and students to complete the Graduation Recognition Form or the Youth Recognition Form found on the table near Pastor Brooks’ office, the narthex, or on the church website. The form should be completed in print and returned to the Scholarship mailbox located on the table next to Pastor Brooks’ office, emailed to Scholarship@poplar-springs.org, or given to any Scholarship Ministry member. The deadline to submit the graduation form is June 2. The deadline for the Youth Recognition Form is June 30. ALL Preschool, high school and college students will be recognized on July 14.
PSCC Summer Camp – We offer eight (8) weeks of summer camp, June 17 – August 9, 2019. You may register for as many weeks as you would like with a two-week minimum. Camp will operate Monday-Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. There is a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $50 per child. The weekly camp fee for the summer of 2019 is $60/child. A convenient payment plan is available. The summer camp registration form can be picked up from the church office. For additional information, contact Sherria Grubbs (919) 819-3435 or Pam Pettiford (919) 637-3860, and/or email email@example.com.
Scholarship Ministry – The Scholarship Ministry is in the process of gathering names of our 2019 graduates. If your name is missing or you know of someone whose name is missing from the list below, please contact a member of the Scholarship Ministry or the secretary’s office immediately.
David Baker, Jr.
Rev. Dr. Rhonda Wright
LAMBS/AGAPE Dance Ministries – If you are interested in your little one or youth joining one of these awesome ministries, please sign up in the copier room. If you have any questions, contact Uashekqua King at 919-879-4492.
Church Parking – As a courtesy to our neighbors on Poplar Springs Church Street and as a safety precaution, please do not double park on Poplar Springs Church Street. We are happy to accommodate you with parking on the hill and our shuttle drivers are happy to assist you with getting to and from the church before and after service. Thank you for your understanding.
Anyone interested in joining the First Aide Ministry should contact Vanessa Snellings, Chairperson, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To participate you should have a serving spirit and be willing to obtain a First Aid CPR certification. Meetings are the 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
Shop on Amazon to Support Poplar Springs – Help Support Poplar Springs when you shop on Amazon by selecting Poplar Springs Christian Church as your Supporting Agency. Just type smile.amazon.com in your browser and select Poplar Springs Christian Church (Make sure it’s Poplar Springs Christian Church as there are other Poplar Springs organizations listed). We will receive a portion of all sales purchased through this link. Thank you for your support and spread the word!
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
The Usher Ministry is looking for smiling faces and helpful hands to join them. Please see Marie Taylor or Brenda Alston if you would like to be a part of this ministry.
The Security Ministry is looking for new members. Please see Ruby Hodge for information.
For the summer months, please send your announcements to email@example.com by Wednesday at 4:00 p.m.
As a reminder – no eating or drinking is allowed in the sanctuary; if you need to feed your child, we ask that you step out to the Cry Room until food has been consumed. Thank you for your cooperation.
Sick and Prayer List
- Patricia Baker
- Phyllis Burrell, The Laurels of Glenn, Garner
- Betty Burt
- Evelyn Chalmers
- Irene Cooper
- Mary Green
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Deidre Harvey, Rex
- Howard Horton, Sunnybrook Rehab
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Marie Lowe
- Terry McCullers, The Laurels of Glenn, Garner
- Fleeter Merritt
- Dennis Moore
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Erma Phillips
- Alease Pryor
- Ella Smith
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Lane Whitaker
- Mary Elizabeth Williams, PruittHealth
- Clorana Bass (Doza Primus’ mother)
- Linda Branch (Paul Branch’s sister)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Ivan Clemonts (Alecia Anderton’s uncle)
- Angela Cloud (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Eric Davis (Melvin Mitchell’s nephew)
- Adrienne “Susan” Elsinity (Pastor Brooks’ sister)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- James Grays (Dorothy Grays’ husband)
- Lorene Jones (Pamela C. Williams’ aunt)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Virginia McCall (Cleopatra Lacewell’s sister-in-law)
- Melva Moore (Mildred Keith’s niece)
- Montia Rhodes (Sydney Saddler’s friend)