Announcements: Week of October 15th
Are you between the ages of 19-29, and finding the world of adulting is harder than you thought? As you’re trying to navigate life on your own, have you found yourself more aware than ever that Jesus’ warnings about the devil coming to steal, kill, and destroy are true, but you’re not sure what to do? Well, you’re not alone. Many Christians live in denial, letting the enemy steal their joy and blessings, destroy their relationship with Jesus, and kill their purpose and identity. But no more! For a limited time, we’re offering a resource that will help you stay armed and ready to live in daily victory! Please contact the church administrative office for more information!
We are in the season of revival. Rev. Brooks will be the revival speaker at Macedonia New Life Church on Tuesday, October 17th; the Male Chorus will accompany him. On Friday, October 20th, Rev. Reginald Boney and the United Voices will be in revival with Victory at Calvary Covenant Ministries, Durham, NC. All are welcome and encouraged to attend!
Habitat for Humanity Fall Build: We are in need of volunteers (ages 16+) to help build homes at Old Poole Place. I also challenge Poplar Springs ministries, sororities, fraternities, and other community groups to sign up and volunteer for two additional days! The kickoff event is October 21st, where all the church coalition will join to start the build. We would like Poplar Springs to sponsor the build on November 18th with at least ten volunteers. All volunteers must register through this link: http://vhub.at/
We will have our Hallelujah Festival on Saturday, October 28th, from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. Come and celebrate life, family, and friends. If anyone would like to volunteer to assist with the Hallelujah festival, please see Erica Sconiers.
Save the date…Adult Usher Ministry and anyone interested in joining the Ministry, please join the Zoom meeting on Thursday, October 19th, at 7:00 p.m. See the church calendar for login information.
Family Caregiver(s), please join CC2C on Zoom for a “Time Management” conversation on Thursday, October 26, at 7:00 p.m. This is open to the community. Please check the church calendar for the Zoom number or email email@example.com.
Tea Time is canceled for Sunday, November 5th. See you all at the Women’s Retreat 2023 or Tea Time in December.
The shredding event is back! We will hold our shredding event on Saturday, October 21, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. If you have some papers you need to get rid of, this is the perfect opportunity! Please bring paper only, and you do not have to remove staples.
New Generation Choir will only have rehearsal on Saturday, October 28th, from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
Online Member Portal – As a reminder to existing disciples and a note to new disciples, our online Member Portal is now live. You can log in to update your contact information, upload family/individual pictures for the online directory, and access your financial contributions throughout the year. If you have an email address on file, you can set up your profile in the Member Portal using this link. You can also reset your password if you have forgotten it. If you have any questions, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRESCHOOL IS COMING BACK! We are in need of teachers and helpers. Please get in touch with Joyce Harriss at 919-841-6024 or email@example.com
The Transportation Ministry is in need of new members. If you are looking for a place to serve and want to be a part of this Ministry, please see any member of the Trustee Ministry or call the church.
The Men’s Ministry meets weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 p.m., at the Poplar House. Call Nathaniel Washington (703-789-1109) for more information.
Do you enjoy serving others? We have a place for youinn the First Aid and Health Ministry. If interested, contact Vanessa Snellings at 919-272-8654 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can use you.
The Media/Sound Ministry is in need of dedicated and passionate new members. If you feel compassion to be part of this Ministry, please reach out to 919-961-7614 or call the church office at 919-772-5151. Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
Please notify the church office if you have any changes/updates to your contact information. Thank you!
Please refer to the church calendar.
View Sick & Prayer List
- Rose Baker
- Larcina Blackmon
- Gwendolyn Booker
- Bobby Bost
- Katherine Branch
- Phyllis Burrell
- Betty Burt
- Debra Chavis
- Michelle Collins
- Irene Cooper
- Tonie Gordon
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Troy Hamlin
- Myrtle Holloway, WakeMed
- Geraldine Horton, Raleigh Rehab
- Ronald Jenkins
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Vernita Partin Melvin
- Maggie Owens, SECU Hospice Home
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Pamela Peace
- Joann Pettiford, Pettigrew Rehab
- Ella Smith, Sunnybrook Rehab
- Shirley Smith
- Tony Snellings
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Theresa Watson
- Graham Watt
- Rachel Wiggins
- Frankie Williams
- Howard Beale (Emilie Holloway’s brother)
- Charles Bell (Katherine Branch’s brother)
- Bernis Booker (Retta Spencer’s brother-in-law)
- Sandra Brooks (Claudine Moseley’s cousin)
- Bertha Brunson (Retta Spencer’s mother)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Mary Lou Burrell (Thelia Burrell’s mother-in-law)
- Charmayne Butler (Florence Evans’ friend)
- Edward Byrd (Naikia Atkinson’s father)
- Fred Chavis (Anthony Chavis’s father)
- Freddie Chavis (Anthony Chavis’s brother)
- Tim Coit (Lisa Bryant’s brother)
- John Combo (Alvin Sapp’s friend)
- Samuel Cook (Howard Cook’s nephew)
- Kevin Coppage (Anthony Chavis’ friend)
- Alicia Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s sister)
- McKinley Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s brother)
- Romanel Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s brother)
- Antoinette Avery Ellerbe (Mary Morgan’s sister)
- Sonny Feely (Don Feely’s brother)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- Ahmand Fowler (Pearline Fowler’s grandson)
- Chris Gallo (Lisa Davis’s friend)
- Ruth Jackson (Veronica Wall’s grandmother)
- Larry Jones (Doza Primus’s nephew)
- Vicky Jones (Doza Primus’s sister)
- Dario Lassiter (Ella Mebane’s nephew)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Albert Logan, Jr. (Latrenda Thomas’s brother)
- Albert Logan, III (Latrenda Thomas’s father)
- Andradese Hill Mack (Patrice Rogers’ friend)
- Barbara Morgan (Patsy Morgan’s mother-in-law)
- Neisha Newlin (Florence Evans’ friend)
- Barbara Pettiford (Rev. Pettiford’s mother)
- Karen Reed (Jill Cook’s sister)
- Rhonda Reives (Pat McCutcheon’s friend)
- Raymond Reynolds (Minister Deloris Anderson’s son)
- Doris Rogers (Patrice Bakers’ aunt)
- Calvin Rowley (Sherry Smith’s cousin)
- Linda Smith (Chris Smith’s wife)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Joseph Thomas(Sandra White’s brother-in-law)
- Linda Thomas (Sandra White’s sister)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Earl VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Darrell Vaughan (Ella Mebane’s nephew)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Larry Wilson (Anthony Chavis’s friend)
- Lillie Wilson (Charlene Thames’s mother)
- Timothy Wilson (Charlene Thames’ father)
- Raphael Wortham (Claudine Mosely’s nephew)
- Ramona Wright (Marie Taylor’s niece)