Announcements: Week of January 12
Yearly Giving Statement: As a reminder, all disciples are able to access your yearly giving statement on the Member Portal. If you have not created your profile, you can do so at https://servantkeeper.com/member-portal/PSCC. If you still need a statement printed, please stop by the finance office to sign up. Printed statements will be available by January 26, 2020. For assistance with setting up your access to the Member Portal, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Men’s Fellowship ministry meets tomorrow evening 7:00 pm in the fellowship hall. All men are asked to please come.
TEA TIME – Ladies, thank you for a wonderful Tea Time kickoff on Sunday, January 5th. Due to the Super Bowl, the regular Tea Time session will not be held. HOWEVER, for ladies interested in doing some “hands-on” beauty tips, Tea Time will be held on Sunday, February 2nd, from 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Bring a mirror.
The Annual Tea Time Party for women only will be held on Sunday, March 29, 2020, at 3:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall. March is National Women’s Month, and we celebrate women with this fun event. This year has “2020” surprises. Hats and gloves are suggested. Signup is in the Copier Room. Deadline to signup is Sunday, March 15.
Going on our fifth year, we will begin a new Tuesday morning Bible study, “The Life of David through the Psalms” on Tuesday, February 4 at the Poplar House from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm every other Tuesday morning until May 12th. By studying the Psalms with 1 & 2 Samuel, we can analyze and determine the emotional state that was stirring within David as he faced life’s challenges. Come join us by signing the sheet in the copying room that states “Bible study: Teacher – Dr. Chavis.”
If you would like to ride the bus to the MLK Breakfast on Monday, January 20, please sign up in the copier room.
Please notify the church office if you have had any changes/updates to your contact information. Thank you!
Poplar Springs Disciples, do you know who your assigned deacon is? If you do not and want to know, please contact the church office.
We are in dire need of adult members to join the Pre-School Ministry. We need volunteers who are passionate about providing dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to our potty-trained to six-year-old youth during Sunday Service. Please sign up in the Copier Room or contact Pam Jackson at 919-815-4729 or email@example.com.
As a courtesy to our neighbors on Poplar Springs Church Street and as a safety precaution, please do not double park on Poplar Springs Church Street. We are happy to accommodate you with parking on the hill and our shuttle drivers are happy to assist you with getting to and from the church before and after service. Thank you for your understanding.
Please send your announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday at 4:00 pm.
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
Please refer to the church calendar at www.poplar-springs.org for the week’s activities.
Anyone interested in joining the First Aide Ministry should contact the Chairperson, Vanessa Snellings, at 919-272-8654 or email@example.com. To participate you should have a serving spirit and be willing to obtain a First Aid CPR certification. Meetings are the 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:00 pm.
The Usher Ministry is looking for smiling faces and helpful hands to join them. Please see Marie Taylor or Brenda Alston if you would like to be a part of this ministry.
The Security Ministry is looking for new members. Please see Ruby Hodge for information.
As a reminder – no eating or drinking is allowed in the sanctuary; if you need to feed your child, we ask that you step out to the Cry Room until food has been consumed. Thank you for our cooperation.
Sick & Prayer List
- Phyllis Burrell
- Betty Burt
- Eric Cooper
- Gladys Crowder, Duke Regional Rehab
- Tonie Gordon, PruittHealth
- Mary Green
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Lillian Hinton, PruittHealth
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Marie Lowe
- Terry McCullers, The Laurels of Glenn, Garner
- Fleeter Merritt
- Dennis Moore
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Erma Phillips
- Sam Taylor
- James Watkins
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Graham Watt
- Lane Whitaker
- Rachel Wiggins
- Rev. Frank Williams
- Mary Elizabeth Williams, PruittHealth
- Lillie Young
- Deloris Arseneaux (Ruby Hodge’s friend)
- James Baldwin (Donzella Winston’s friend)
- Clorana Bass (Doza Primus’ mother)
- Roxie Blackmon (Larcina Blackmon’s daughter/ Thelia Burrell’s sister)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Fred Chavis Jr. (Anthony Chavis’ father)
- Angela Cloud (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Eric Davis (Melvin Mitchell’s nephew)
- Antoinette Avery Ellerbe (Mary Morgan’s sister)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- Elsie Foy (Nena Chavis’ mother)
- James Grays (Dorothy Grays’ husband)
- Lossie Hackett (Ozzie Hackett’s wife)
- Lorene Jones (Pamela C. Williams’ aunt)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Melva Moore (Mildred Keith’s niece)
- Loretha Peacock (Joyce Horton’s friend)
- Kim Saunders (Della Watson’s cousin)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Daisy Thorne (Jill Cook’s mother)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Alice B. Watson (Bobby Bost’s mother)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Earl Williams (Alyce Williams’ husband)
- Joyce Williams (Pamela C. Williams’ mother-in-law)
- Ramona Wright, PruittHealth (Marie Taylor’s niece)