Announcements: Week of April 23rd
We are excited to be celebrating Black Marriage Day next Sunday. We are asking all couples to wear something of the same color. Feel free to be as “matchy-matchy” as you like. We will be displaying UNITY and praising Him any way we come!
Homecoming 2023: Join us as we celebrate our 152nd Homecoming on Sunday, May 7, 2023. The festivities will begin right after church in the back parking lot. We have a lot of fun activities planned, including a food truck rodeo, music, a gaming house, and a few other surprises! Please plan to stay after church and join us in the fellowship.
The Scholarship Ministry would like to recognize all elementary, middle school, high school, and college students for their school year achievement, recognitions for church ministries, community service, clubs, and public service activities. A copy/record of all achievements/recognitions is not required. You will receive recognition by completing the form that is located on the church website.
We also want to recognize our graduates for their great accomplishments. We ask that all preschool, high school, and college graduates submit the Graduate recognition form along with a graduate picture no later than May 31st. The form is on the church website.
The Annie B. Davis Fellowship Ministry is offering a trip to Myrtle Beach, SC, October 18 – 21, 2023. Please see Mildred Keith or Tina Smith for details.
Please join the Cancer Support Ministry in support of Relay for Life on April 29th, 1:00 pm—9:00 pm, at Lake Benson Park, Garner. The Cancer Support team will be popping with POPLAR treats: popcorn, homemade desserts, and drinks. All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society.
The Poplar Springs Christian Church Race for the Cure Team is Ready, Set, and Need You to Go. The event will be held on Saturday, May 6th, at The Boxyard in Research Triangle Park. Registration fee is $35 – Youth, $45 – Adult, $55 – Virtual and includes a t-shirt. Paper registration forms are in the Narthex and rear of the Church and should be returned to either Rena’ Brooks or Raquel Luster (Team Captains). Check the Church’s website for the online registration link. In order for the Team Captains to pick-up t-shirts and distribute on Friday, May 5th, from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. in the front Church’s Parking Lot, all registrations are due today. Let’s set a record again this year. DON’T DELAY, REGISTER TODAY!
The Men’s ministry meets weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 pm, at the Poplar House. Call Nathaniel Washington (703-789-1109) for more information.
Do you enjoy serving others? We have a place for you in the First Aid and Health Ministry. If interested, contact Vanessa Snellings at 919-272-8654 or email@example.com. We can use you.
Please donate portable heaters for families in need. The Abraham Sunday School class needs your help with donations of portable heaters to help families in need for the upcoming winter months. Distribution will be first to those in our church family, then to those in the community. Contact Trustee Kevin Ragland at (919) 449-6444 or Deacon Al McCutcheon at 919-723-1233 if you have questions or need a heater.
Habitat for Humanity Fall Build: We are in need of volunteers (ages 16+) to help build homes at Old Poole Place. I also challenge Poplar Springs ministries, sororities, fraternities, and other community groups to sign up and volunteer for two additional days! We would like Poplar Springs to help on April 15th with at least ten volunteers. All volunteers must register through your coalition hub link: http://vhub.at/fallapostlesbuild. For more information, contact the Church Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a supply of home COVID tests available if you would like to have some.
The Media/Sound Ministry is in need of dedicated and passionate new members. If you feel passionate to be part of this ministry, please reach out to 919-961-7614 or call the church office 919-772-5151.
Please notify the church office if you have any changes/updates to your contact information. Thank you!
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
Please refer to the church calendar at www.poplar-springs.org for the week’s activities.
View Sick & Prayer List
- Rose Baker
- Rose Baker
- Larcina Blackmon
- Phyllis Burrell
- Betty Burt
- Debra Chavis
- Michelle Collins
- Irene Cooper
- Tonie Gordon
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Troy Hamlin
- Kaye Hinton
- Geraldine Horton, Raleigh Rehab
- Ronald Jenkins
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Vernita Partin Melvin
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Ella Smith
- Shirley Smith
- Tony Snellings
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Theresa Watson
- Graham Watt
- Rachel Wiggins
- Frankie Williams
- Howard Beale (Emilie Holloway’s brother)
- Charles Bell (Katherine Branch’s brother)
- Eric Berg (Wendy Carrington’s grandson)
- Bernis Booker (Retta Spencer’s brother-in-law)
- Sandra Brooks (Claudine Moseley’s cousin)
- Bertha Brunson (Retta Spencer’s mother)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Mary Lou Burrell (Thelia Burrell’s mother-in-law)
- Charmayne Butler (Florence Evans’ friend)
- Edward Byrd (Naikia Atkinson’s father)
- Fred Chavis (Anthony Chavis’s father)
- Freddie Chavis (Anthony Chavis’s brother)
- Tim Coit (Lisa Bryant’s brother)
- John Combo (Alvin Sapp’s friend)
- Ashley Conyers (Rev. Young’s daughter)
- Juliana Conyers (Rev. Young’s granddaughter)
- Samuel Cook (Howard Cook’s nephew)
- Alicia Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s sister)
- McKinley Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s brother)
- Romanel Daughtry (Rene Daughtry’s brother)
- Antoinette Avery Ellerbe (Mary Morgan’s sister)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- Ahmand Fowler (Pearline Fowler’s grandson)
- Chris Gallo (Lisa Davis’s friend)
- Sam Jacobs (Anthony Chavis’s co-worker)
- Larry Jones (Doza Primus’s nephew)
- Vicky Jones (Doza Primus’s sister)
- Dario Lassiter (Ella Mebane’s nephew)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Andradese Hill Mack (Patrice Rogers’ friend)
- Barbara Morgan (Patsy Morgan’s mother-in-law)
- Neisha Newlin (Florence Evans’ friend)
- Andre Overby (Marilyn Sanders’ friend)
- Karen Reed (Jill Cook’s sister)
- Rhonda Reives (Pat McCutcheon’s friend)
- Raymond Reynolds (Minister Deloris Anderson’s son)
- Doris Rogers (Patrice Bakers’ aunt)
- Calvin Rowley (Sherry Smith’s cousin)
- Dorothy Smith (Robbie Avery’s friend)
- Jonathan Smith (Robbie Avery’s friend)
- Linda Smith (Chris Smith’s wife)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Joseph Thomas(Sandra White’s brother-in-law)
- Linda Thomas (Sandra White’s sister)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Earl VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Darrell Vaughan (Ella Mebane’s nephew)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Lillie Wilson (Charlene Thames’s mother)
- Timothy Wilson (Charlene Thames’ father)
- Raphael Wortham (Claudine Mosely’s nephew)
- Ramona Wright (Marie Taylor’s niece)