Announcements: April 23
- Homecoming 2017 – We are asking all disciples to bring desserts for Homecoming. Please make sure your desserts do not require refrigeration. They will be accepted at the church Friday, May 5th, 9:00am – 4:00pm and Saturday, May 6th, 9:00am – 11:00am.
- New Generation choir rehearsals will be Saturday, April 29th at 2:00pm.
- Missionary Ministry will celebrate their 100th Anniversary on Sunday, April 30th, 3:00pm. Dr. Jeffery B. Robinson from Juniper Level Missionary Baptist Church, Raleigh, NC, will be our guest speaker.
- PSCC is proud to have a team walking in the 2017 Walk To End Lupus Now, today at NC State Centennial Campus, 851 Main Campus Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606. Check-in: 1:00 pm; Ceremony: 2:30 pm; Walk: 3:00 pm
- Men’s Fellowship Ministry will meet Monday April 24th, at 7:00pm at the Poplar House for our monthly business meeting. Please come and join us as we work toward building a strong Men’s Ministry.
- You are invited to attend the Prayer Breakfast hosted by the Poplar Springs Intercessory Prayer Ministry. April 29th . 9:00 am. In the Fellowship Hall. Come and bring a friend as we learn how prayer changes things. Registration begins at 9am. Breakfast will be served promptly at 9:30am. Please sign up in the copier room or on our website (http://poplar-springs.org/visit/) through the Contact Us Form. Any questions contact Al McCutcheon at (919) 723-1233 or Kimberly Hinton at 919.749.7939.
- Connecting Couples Date Night – It’s a Wine & Design couples date Night. Please join connecting couples on Saturday April 29, 2017 @ 7:00 pm for an evening filled with lots of fun, food, and painting. Space is limited. The cost is $35.00 per person. For more information, please contact Tim Grubbs (919)760-9656 or Sherria Grubbs (919)819-3435.
- Cancer Support Ministry – Get Ready! Get Ready! Relay for Life at Lake Benson Park, Garner, on April 28-29, 2017, at 4:00pm. Come fellowship at the Poplar Springs campsite. **Enjoy our menu items** hot fish, barbeque chicken wings, and homemade lemonade. Proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. Contributions can be made online to the Poplar Springs Team @ http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLCY17SA?pg=entry&fr_id=83161
- Summer Camp is being offered at Poplar Springs for 10 weeks from June 13 – August 18, 2017. You may register for as many weeks as you would like with a two-week minimum. Camp will operate from 7:00am to 6:00pm. There is a one-time, non-refundable registration fee of $50.00 per child. The weekly camp fee for the summer of 2017 is $60.00 per child. A payment plan is available for your convenience. Please see Rev. Frank Williams or Mrs. Sherria Grubbs with questions.
- A. B. Davis Fellowship Ministry is presenting their Annual Baby Contest, which was initially brought to the group by the late Ms. Annie Bell Davis and Deacon Major Hinton. In memory of their hard-working efforts, we are asking parents to enter their child in the contest. Also, we are asking the congregation to support a child to help us make this year’s contest a success. If you would like your child to participate, sign up in the copier room or see Ms. Tina Smith for more information. Participants must be between infancy and 7 years old. The program will be Sept 17th at 3:00pm.
- Poplar Springs Cycling Group – if you are interested in cycling on the Greenways of Wake County, contact Deacon Wayne Robbins or sign up in the copier room. You must be at least 18 years old to participate in this group.
- Calling All Youth! Please join the Youth Ushers for a skate party on Saturday, May 6th, from 7:00 – 10:00pm at United Skates of America, 2901 Trawick Rd., Raleigh, NC 27604. If you plan to attend, please sign up in the copier room today.