Announcements: May 14
- Men’s Fellowship Ministry meeting will be May 22, at the Poplar House 7:00pm – 8:30pm. Come join us as we plan for our upcoming events and activities. Men’s Fellowship Ministry will host a Game Day at the Poplar House on May 27 at 2:00pm. Games and refreshments will be provided. Please come out and join in as we fellowship and get to know our brothers.
- Poplar Springs: get ready for Vacation Bible School June 19 – June 23. We are in need of teachers; husband & wife teams or young adults who would like to team up together and teach a class. Please contact Rev. Williams at (919) 327-8907 or email@example.com.
- Thames Football Camp – Sign up now for the June 10-11 Camp is for ages 6-15. The cost is $50. The cost for PSCC children is $25.00. For more information, visit the website: www.thamessportsacademy.com.
- MEN – AARP Poplar Springs CC2C, 2017 recognizes the ever-changing roles of MEN. Not only are you a Husband, Father, and/or Son – You are a CAREGIVER as well. CC2C would like the opportunity to share some information and a meal with you. MEN please join us for breakfast on Saturday June 10 from 8:30 to 10:30am at Golden Corral – 3551 Grenelle St., Raleigh, NC. The first 15 to sign up will received FREE breakfast. Please sign up in the copier room – space is limited – If you have questions please contact Diane Green.
- Mark your Calendar – All Caregivers, Buddy(s), Grief & Loss and Interested person – Please join AARP Poplar Springs CC2C, 2017 for an Important Session on Saturday June 10th from 2:30pm to 4:00pm – Garner Woman’s Club, 230 US Hwy 70 West, Garner, NC. More detail to follow. If you have questions please contact Diane Green 919-247-2977.
- Church Directory – It’s time again to do a pictorial directory! Our last directory is outdated and it is time for a new one. Please check your calendar. We will schedule the appointments on the following dates: May 21 and June 4. The pictures will be taken June 14-17 and July 19-22.
- A. B. Davis Fellowship Ministry is presenting their Annual Baby Contest, initially brought to the group by the late Mrs. Annie Bell Davis and the late Deacon Major Hinton. In memory of their hard-working efforts, we are asking parents to enter their child in the contest. Also, we are asking the congregation to support a child to help us make this year’s contest a success. If you would like your child to participate, sign up in the copier room or see Ms. Tina Smith for more information. Participants must be between infancy and seven years old. The program will be September 17 at 3:00pm.
- Poplar Springs Cycling Group – If you are interested in cycling on the Greenways of Wake County, contact Deacon Wayne Robbins or sign up in the copier room. You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
- Poets for Christ Poetry Ministry – If you have a love for poetry, write and/or recite poetry, the Poetry Ministry needs you. The Poetry Ministry is recruiting members to help them spread the word of God through spoken word/poetry. If you are interested in joining the Poetry Ministry, please contact Heather McCall at (252) 450-5048.
- Edith Berry Scholarship – The Edith Berry Scholarship was established by Minister Edith Berry for current members of Poplar Springs Christian Church (member for at least 18 months) and graduating high school seniors who plan to attend a college or university. Download Scholarship Application. Application deadline: Sunday, June 4.
- 2017 Annual Graduation/Youth Recognition Awards and Banquet – Each year the Scholarship Ministry recognizes all students of Poplar Springs for their accomplishments made during the year. These accomplishments can be church, school, athletic, or community related. We will celebrate our graduates and students by honoring them and their family with a banquet on Saturday, June 24, 2017, 4:00 p.m. in the PSCC Fellowship Hall. The Scholarship Ministry is asking all graduates and students to complete the Graduation/Youth Recognition Form found on the table near Pastor Brooks’ office or on the church website. The form should be completed in print and returned to the Scholarship mailbox located on the table next to Pastor Brooks’ office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or given to any member of the Scholarship Ministry. To ensure the information is printed in the recognition booklet, the DEADLINE to submit the form is Sunday, June 4 This information will also be highlighted on Saturday, June 24th at the Annual Graduation/Youth Banquet. On Sunday, June 25, 9:30 a.m., ALL Preschool, High School, and College graduates will be recognized at the Graduation/Youth Day Program. If you are a Preschool, High School, or College graduate, please contact the church office at 919-772-5151 to schedule an appointment with Emily Hinton to take your fun graduation picture to be included in the recognition booklets for graduates and their parents. The schedule dates to take pictures are May 16 and May 21.
PSCC 2017 Graduates
- Gavin Taevon Jordan
- Khilyn Mitchell
- Aviana Morgan
- Journi Robbins
- Mykeal Singletary
High School Graduates
- Crystal Baker
- Daryus Bryant
- Raven Davis
- Amber Doyle
- Dwayne Holloway, Jr.
- Jazmaine Hooker
- Amir Lake
- Cana Pinchback
- Sidney Thompson
- Rebekah Woods-Barnes
- Renita Brooks
- Abijah Wall
If you or your child is graduating this year and your name is not on this list please call the church office.