Announcements: Week of August 5
All young ladies ages 7 – 17 are invited to join us for a pizza party immediately following service on Sunday, August 12. Moms, Grandmas and/or Dads, please pick up girls at 2:00pm. Contact Robin Williams at 919-410-9566 for additional information.
The Cancer Support Ministry will meet Tuesday, August 14, at 6:00pm in the conference room. New members are welcome.
There are still some seats available to the Carolina Mudcats game on August 19. If interested, you may sign up in the copier room.
Be the Solution and say “NO” to Pollution: Going Green 101 event will take place on Saturday, August 18 from 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall.This is a FREE workshop! Come out and learn ways to protect your family against water pollution (i.e. the water you drink, cook, and clean with); air pollution (both indoors and outdoors), and etc.; and learn practical ways to make your church and homes more energy efficient and a much healthier and safe environment. Light refreshments will be provided. Register online at BeTheSolutionAndSayNoToPollution.Eventbrite.com. For more information, please contact Rev. Rhonda Wright.
Resource and Health Fair will take place onSaturday, August 25, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. This event is Sponsored by AARP CC2C & Poplar Springs First Aide Ministry. All are welcome to attend.
If you are interested in participating in the A. B. Davis Fellowship Ministry King and Queen contest, please sign up in the copier room.
The Young Adult Ministry is still collecting back packs for their annual back pack drive. Collection sites are in the hall near the mailboxes and in the narthex. Thank you for your support!
If you want to be a “doorkeeper” for the Lord and you are ready to serve with a smile, the Adult Usher Ministry is seeking new members! Adult male and female ushers are needed for worship services. Please call Pamela Taylor Shaw at (919) 418-0199 or Shawn Gear at (919) 696-1875, if you are interested.
The Security Ministry is looking for new members. Please see Ruby Hodge for information.
Please refer to the church calendar for the week’s activities.
Please send your announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday at 4:00pm.
As a reminder – NO EATING OR DRINKING IS ALLOWED IN THE SANCTUARY; if you need to feed your child, we ask that you step out to the Cry Room until food has been consumed. Thank you for your cooperation
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7613, if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct it as soon as possible.
- Larcina Blackmon
- Arthur Blaylock
- Evelyn Chalmers
- Richie Doyle
- Thomasine Doyle
- Charles Evans, Rex Rehab
- Willie Gilbert, Tower Nursing & Rehab Ctr.
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Marie Lowe
- Curtis McCullers
- Terry McCullers
- Fleeter Merritt
- Dennis Moore
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Erma Phillips
- Alease Pryor
- Mary Elizabeth Williams, PruittHealth
- Mattie Almanzar (Julia Davis’ sister)
- Clorana Bass (Doza Primus’ mother)
- Susan Brooks (Rev. Brooks’ sister)
- Angela Cloud (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Darlene P. Craig (Patrice Baker’s sister)
- JoAnne Daniels (Tina Smith’s friend)
- Barbara Jean Evans (Sonnia Carter’s mother)
- Lorene Jones (Gloria Williams’ sister-in-law)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Melva Moore (Mildred Keith’s niece)
- Joseph Page (Julia Davis’ brother)
- Loretha Peacock (Joyce Horton’s friend)
- Darren Sanders (William Sanders’ brother)
- Kim Saunders (Della Watson’s cousin)
- Susan Umstead (Marie Taylor’s niece)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Joe Welch (Joyce Horton’s friend)
- Ramona Wright (Marie Taylor’s niece)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Earl Williams (Alyce Williams’ husband)
- Joyce Williams (Pamela C. Williams’ mother-in-law)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Georgia Winston (Melissa Winston-Brown’s mother)