Announcements: April 9
- Holy Week Service – Pastor Brooks and the Male Chorus will render service at Mount Peace Baptist Church on Tuesday, April 11 at 7:00pm.
- Maundy Thursday Service will be Thursday, April 13th, at 7:00pm. Rev. Jamal Brown, choir, ushers, and congregation from Holly Springs United Church of Christ, Holly Springs, NC, will render service.
- Resurrection Sunday Service – we will have one service on Sunday, April 16 at 9:30am. Sunday School and Discipleship 101 will be at 8:30am.
- Homecoming 2017 – We are asking all disciples to bring desserts for Homecoming. Please make sure your desserts do not require refrigeration. They will be accepted at the church Friday, May 5, 9:00am – 4:00pm or Saturday, April 6, 9:00am – 11:00am.
- New Generation choir rehearsals will be Saturday, April 22nd and April 29th at 2:00pm.
- AARP – Connecting Caregivers to the Community (CC2C, 2017) – invites everyone to attend a workshop addressing “Anger” as a caregiver or as you deal with loss. Learning to deal with our emotions is vital in being the best we can be. The workshop is Saturday, April 22nd, 2:30 – 4:00pm in the Fellowship Hall. Please sign up in the Copier Room or email Diane Green at email@example.com. Refreshment will be served.
- Save the Date – Prayer Ministry Breakfast is Saturday, April 29, 9:00am. Prayer is the Bridge between Panic & Peace. Contact Deacon Al McCutcheon 919-723-1233 or Ms. Kimberly Hinton 919-749-7939 for more information.
- Cancer Support Ministry – Get Ready! Get Ready! Relay for Life at Lake Benson Park, Garner, on April 28-29, 2017, at 4:00pm. Come fellowship at the Poplar Springs campsite. **Enjoy our menu items** hot fish, barbecue chicken wings, and homemade lemonade. Proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. Contributions can be made online to the Poplar Springs Team @ http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLCY17SA?pg=entry&fr_id=83161
- Poplar Spring Cycling Group – if you are interested in cycling on the Greenways of Wake County, contact Deacon Wayne Robbins or sign up in the copier room. You must be at least 18 years old to participate in this group.
- Summer Camp is being offered at Poplar Springs for 10 weeks from June 13 – August 18, 2017. You may register for as many weeks as you would like with a two-week minimum. Camp will operate from 7:00am to 6:00pm. There is a one-time, non-refundable registration fee of $50 per child. The weekly camp fee for the summer of 2017 is $60.00 per child. A payment plan is available for your convenience. Please see Rev. Frank Williams or Ms. Sherria Grubbs with questions.
- Royal Family Kids Camp – Volunteers needed – July 16-21; save the date. Please contact Mrs. Robyn King at 919-800-7228 more information.
- A. B. Davis Fellowship Ministry is presenting their Annual Baby Contest which was the initially brought to the group by the late Ms. Annie Bell Davis and Deacon Major Hinton. In memory of their hard working efforts we are asking parents to enter their child in the contest. Also, we are asking the congregation to support a child to help us make this year’s contest a success. If you would like your child to participate, sign up in the copier room or see Ms. Tina Smith for more information. Participants must be between infancy and 7 years old. The program will be September 17 at 3:00pm.
- Personal Finance Workshop will be today immediately following the 10:30 service in the fellowship hall. The workshop will last until 3:00pm. Lunch and all materials will be provided.
- SMART Ministry is looking for young men ages 7 – 18 to assist with preparing eggs and candy bags for distribution after Resurrection Sunday Service, which is April 16th. We will meet on Saturday, April 15, from 10:00am – 12:00pm in the fellowship hall. Community service hours can be earned for this event. Please sign up in the copier room or contact Rev. Frank Williams for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Calling All Youth! Please join the Youth Ushers for a skate party on Saturday, May 6 from 7:00 – 10:00pm at United Skates of America, 2901 Trawick Rd., Raleigh, NC 27604. If you plan to attend, please sign up in the copier room by Sunday, April 23.