Announcements March 2019
PSCC Summer Camp: We offer eight weeks of summer camp from June 17 – August 9. You may register for as many weeks as you would like with a two-week minimum. Camp will operate from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. The weekly camp fee for the 2019 summer is $60 per child, with a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $50—convenient payment plan is available. Registration begins February 4. We offer an Early Bird Registration Fee of $35; Early Bird registration ends April 5. A summer camp registration form can be picked up from the church office. For additional information, contact Sherria Grubbs at (919) 819-3435 or Pam Pettiford at (919) 637-3860, and/or email email@example.com.
PSCC Summer Camp Lead Counselor Position: We are looking for someone 21 years or older who is excited to work as a lead counselor in our summer camp, someone who will serve as a professional role model for our counselors and our campers. The lead counselor will work closely with the camp directors, help with and participate in planning the daily activities, field trips and more. The lead counselor works directly with the camp counselors, parents, and campers. This is a temporary summer position. If you are interested in applying, please contact Sherria Grubbs (919) 819-3435 or Pam Pettiford (919) 637-3860.
Poplar disciples who need your 2018 Financial Statement are asked to sign up in the finance office.
Member Portal Online! As announced in the last church conference, our online Member Portal is now live. You can login to update your contact information, upload family/individual pictures for the online directory and access your financial contributions throughout the year (including 2018). For those who have an email address on file, you will get an email this week asking you to set up your profile from Member Portal. If you don’t get an email invite and want to add your email, you can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your email added.
2018 Financial Statements can be picked up in the Finance Room after service today. Please see Ruby Hodge if you have any questions.
The AB Davis Fellowship Ministry will go to see the 2:30 p.m. showing of the movie, Noah, Tuesday, April 9. The cost $15/each; please sign up in the copier room if you want to attend. Contact Tina Smith or Mildred Keith for more information.
You are invited to attend the Prayer Breakfast hosted by the Intercessory Prayer Ministry Saturday, April 6, 9:00 a.m, in the fellowship hall. Please bring a friend and learn how prayer changes things. Registration starts at 9:00 a.m.; breakfast will be served promptly at 9:30 a.m. Please sign up in the copier room or on our website through the Contact Us Form. Contact Bridget Collins (919-772-3373) or Pat McCutcheon (919-239-6767) for additional information.
The Raleigh-Apex NAACP will hold it’s Annual Mother of the Year Fundraiser on April 28th, at Martin Street Baptist Church. Our theme is “Women Sharing a Serv-a-tude: Serving the Community at their Best.” This year Ms. Bertha Thomas will be the contestant representing Poplar Springs Christian Church. We are asking for your support in the form of a donation. The deadline for submitting donations is April 22nd. Thank you from Vanessa Snellings, Chair, Raleigh-Apex NAACP.
The committee for the women’s retreat trip is accepting payments in Classroom #1.
Lent season began Wednesday, March 6. Lent cards are no longer available to us; please place your Lent offering ($20 adult/$10 youth) in the envelopes provided. Lent offerings are sacrificial offerings. They will be collected during our Maundy Thursday service.
“Count Me Faithful” CC2C AARP and Poplar Springs Christian Church
- FAMILY CAREGIVER BUDDY – Current, New or Interested in being a Family Caregiver Buddy – Male and Female Please join the Missionary Ministry Saturday, March 16th, 11:00–1:00pm for an Informative Session on Prayer and Visitation with Facilitator, Deacon Daryl Atkinson (see flyer).
- FAMILY CAREGIVER and BUDDY–Men Come out and Connect: Wake Johnston’s Men Fellowship will host a Breakfast Saturday, March 23rd, 8 am to 10 am in the Fellowship Hall.
- CC2C-AARP will have two informational sessions on Saturday, March 3rd, 2:30 pm, in the fellowship hall.
- FAMILY CAREGIVERS and BUDDIES – Male and Female – Are you looking for answers? Where can I get help? What do I do? Can anyone help? You are invited to join others with the same concerns.
- Renee’ Myatt from The Center for Volunteer Caregiving, will be here with information on services like: RESPITE, Light Housekeeping, Light Yard Work, Transportation for Groceries, Appointments, Shopping, Pharmacy or Bank, Paperwork and much more.
- Pamela P. Williams will be available for the Family Caregivers (if you need to talk).
- Past Caregivers or LOSS A LOVED ONE – Male and Female
- Dr. Carrie Baker, PhD., will share information about the grief process.
These Sessions are open to ALL in the Church and Community. You do not have to be a member of AARP to be a part of “Count Me Faithful.”
Missionaries…being encouraged through prayer! Won’t you come and join us on Saturday, March 16 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. as we learn about prayer and missionary visitation! The facilitator will Deacon Daryl Atkinson. Light lunch will be served.