Announcements July 2019
After the “I Do’s” – Saturday, August 24, 2019, at 7:30 p.m. at Rhythms Live Music Hall, Durham, NC. After the “I Do’” is the only adult game show in the Triangle Area and the season finale is a live event. Tickets available at www.aftertheidosshow.com, eTix.com or 800-514-3849. Click to view flyer
The Scholarship Ministry will recognize all elementary, middle school, high school and college students who made the honor roll, President’s List, or Dean’s List during the Spring Semester (3rd quarter, 4th quarter, or both). All students who made the honor roll/list are encouraged to place a COPY of their report card in the Scholarship mailbox or email it to Secretary@poplar-springs.org no later than Sunday, August 4, 2019. Please remember for every “C” or “2” there must be an “A” or “4”. Students being honored will be recognized on Sunday, August 18, 2019.
LAMBS/AGAPE Dance Ministries – If you are interested in your little one or youth joining one of these awesome ministries, please sign up in the copier room. If you have any questions, contact Uashekqua King at 919-879-4492.
As a courtesy to our neighbors on Poplar Springs Church Street and as a safety precaution, please do not double park on Poplar Springs Church Street. We are happy to accommodate you with parking on the hill and our shuttle drivers are happy to assist you with getting to and from the church before and after service. Thank you for your understanding.
Anyone interested in joining the First Aide Ministry should contact Vanessa Snellings, Chairperson, at 919-272-8654 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To participate you should have a serving spirit and be willing to obtain a First Aid CPR certification. Meetings are the 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7614 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
The Usher Ministry is looking for smiling faces and helpful hands to join them. Please see Marie Taylor or Brenda Alston if you would like to be a part of this ministry.
Please refer to the church calendar at www.poplar-springs.org for the week’s activities.
The Security Ministry is looking for new members. Please see Ruby Hodge for information.
For the summer months, please send your announcements to email@example.com by Wednesday at 4:00 pm.
As a reminder – no eating or drinking is allowed in the sanctuary; if you need to feed your child, we ask that you step out to the Cry Room until food has been consumed. Thank you for our cooperation.
Sick and Prayer List
- Pastor Charles Brooks
- Phyllis Burrell, The Laurels of Glenn, Garner
- Betty Burt
- Evelyn Chalmers
- Irene Cooper
- Mary Green
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Deidre Harvey
- Howard Horton, Sunnybrook Rehab
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Marie Lowe
- Terry McCullers, The Laurels of Glenn, Garner
- Fleeter Merritt
- Dennis Moore
- Leon Partin\
- Rosa Partin
- Erma Phillips
- Alease Pryor
- Ella Smith
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Lane Whitaker
- Mary Elizabeth Williams, PruittHealth
- James Baldwin (Donzella Winston’s friend)
- Clorana Bass (Doza Primus’ mother)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Ivan Clemonts (Alecia Anderton’s uncle)
- Angela Cloud (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Eric Davis (Melvin Mitchell’s nephew)
- Adrienne “Susan” Elsinity (Pastor Brooks’ sister)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- James Grays (Dorothy Grays’ husband)
- Lorene Jones (Pamela C. Williams’ aunt)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Virginia McCall (Cleopatra Lacewell’s sister-in-law)
- Melva Moore (Mildred Keith’s niece)
- Loretha Peacock (Joyce Horton’s friend)
- Montia Rhodes (Sydney Saddler’s friend)
- Darren Sanders (William Sanders’ brother)
- Douglas Sanders (Marilyn Sanders’ brother)
- Kim Saunders (Della Watson’s cousin)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Daisy Thorne (Jill Cook’s mother)
- Constance VanDyke (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Alice B. Watson (Bobby Bost’s mother)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams (Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Earl Williams (Alyce Williams’ husband)
- Joyce Williams (Pamela C. Williams’ mother-in-law)
- Ramona Wright, PruittHealth (Marie Taylor’s niece)