Announcements January 2019
Poplar disciples who need your 2018 Financial Statement are asked to sign up in the finance office.
The New Generation Choir will have rehearsal on the following dates: January 26, February 9, February 23 from 2:00—3:30 p.m.
The A.B. Davis Fellowship Ministry will resume Wednesday, January 16.
The Missionary Ministry will meet Saturday, January 19, 9:00 a.m.
Church Conference will be Thursday, January 31 at 7:00 p.m.
If you would like to ride the bus to the MLK Breakfast on Monday, January 21, please sign up in the copier room.
All girls ages 7-17 are invited to join us on Friday, January 18, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m., for the Spring Kickoff for HIS Daughters. Anyone interested in volunteering and/or mentoring or sharing with our young ladies in this vital ministry is also invited to attend. Please call Sis Robin Williams for additional information (919-410-9566).
The Scholarship Ministry will recognize all elementary, middle school, high school and college students who made the honor roll, President’s List, or Dean’s List during the Fall 2018/Winter 2019 Semesters (1st quarter, 2nd quarter, or both). Place a COPY of your report card or transcript in the Scholarship Ministry mailbox using the provided envelopes or send a copy via email to email@example.com no later than Wednesday, January 23, 2019. We will not be able to accept text messages. Remember for every “C” or “2” there must be an “A” or “4”. Students being honored will be recognized on February 17th. Students who submit report cards after the deadline will be recognized during the Spring Honor Roll Recognition.
Please donate portable heaters for families in need. The Abraham Sunday School class need your help with donations of portable heaters to help families in need for the upcoming winter months. Distribution will be first to those in our church family, then to those in the community. Contact Trustee Kevin Ragland at (919) 449-6444 or Deacon Al McCutcheon at (919) 723-1233. If you are in need of a heater, please sign up in the copier room.
As a courtesy to our neighbors on Poplar Springs Church Street and as a safety precaution, please do not double park on Poplar Springs Church Street. We are happy to accommodate you with parking on the hill and our shuttle drivers are happy to assist you with getting to and from the church before and after service. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Shop on Amazon to Support Poplar Springs – Help Support Poplar Springs when you shop on Amazon by selecting Poplar Springs Christian Church as your Supporting Agency. Just type smile.amazon.com in your browser and select Poplar Springs Christian Church (Make sure it’s Poplar Springs Christian Church as there are other Poplar Springs organizations listed). We will receive a portion of all sales purchased through this link. Thank you for your support and spread the word!
The following students should see Veronica Wall after service to pick up your Scholarship Ministry gift:
- James Bridges
- Sydney Bridges
- Briana Chavis
- Mackenzie Moore
- Madison Moore
- Charity Perkins
The Security Ministry is looking for new members. Please see Ruby Hodge for information.
Please contact the Media Ministry at 919-961-7613 if there are problems with the broadcast so they can work to correct them as soon as possible.
Please send your announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday at 4:00 pm.
As a reminder – no eating or drinking is allowed in the sanctuary; if you need to feed your child, we ask that you step out to the Cry Room until food has been consumed. Thank you for your cooperation.
Sick and Prayer List
- Rosa Bunch
- Evelyn Chalmers
- Irene Cooper, home
- Suretha Crawford
- Pearline Fowler
- Willie Gilbert, Tower Nursing & Rehab
- Vennie Almeta Hall
- Alice Jones
- Nicole Jones
- Marie Lowe
- Terry McCullers
- Fleeter Merritt
- Dennis Moore
- Mary Morgan
- Leon Partin
- Rosa Partin
- Erma Phillips
- Alease Pryor
- Ella Smith
- Harold Smith
- Mary Smith-Morrison
- James Watkins
- Rev. Alice Watson
- Mary Elizabeth Williams, PruittHealth
- Mary Ashley (Kaye Hinton’s/Anthony Ashley’s mother)
- Clorana Bass (Doza Primus’ mother)
- Barbara Bullock (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Angela Cloud (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Darlene P. Craig (Patrice Baker’s sister)
- JoAnne Daniels (Tina Smith’s friend)
- LeVone Ford (Jill Cook’s uncle)
- Lorene Jones(Gloria Williams’ sister-in-law)
- Ronnie Knight (Linda
- Williams’ brother-in-law)
- Warren Lassiter (Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Melva Moore (Mildred Keith’s niece)
- Andre Overby(Marilyn Sanders’ neighbor)
- Loretha Peacock (Joyce Horton’s friend)
- Darren Sanders(William Sanders’ brother)
- Kim Saunders (Della Watson’s cousin)
- Wilma Stewart (Brenda Alston’s aunt)
- Daisy Thorne (Jill Cook’s mother)
- Susan Umstead (Marie Taylor’s friend)
- Constance VanDyke(Mildred Keith’s friend)
- Mary Wells (Dorothy Grays’ friend)
- Dallie Williams(Barbara Johnson’s sister)
- Earl Williams(Alyce Williams’ husband)
- Joyce Williams(Pamela C. Williams’ mother-in-law)
- Ramona Wright (Marie Taylor’s niece)